[help/advice pls] Everyday earrings, Diamond Studs or Mini Frivole?

Earrings

• Mini Frivole

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Diamond Solitaire

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • Diamond Bezel

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters

skatergal90

Dec 31, 2019
Hi tpf ladies,

I'm thinking of investing in a pair of everyday earrings that are versatile enough for casual and also for more more dressy occasions (like weddings). I'm thinking for the same budget, I could get the mini frivole studs VCA in YG, or 1ctw diamond solitaire studs.

If diamond studs, is bezel or solitaire more popular?

Thanks!!

Mini Frivole are beautiful but diamond studs are timeless and will suit every occasion, casual and dressy. My vote would be for diamond solitaire studs as again they can be worn anywhere. Just my opinion - I have both types - but bezel is a modern setting and I associate it as suiting more casual occasions.

Mini Frivole are beautiful but diamond studs are timeless and will suit every occasion, casual and dressy. My vote would be for diamond solitaire studs as again they can be worn anywhere. Just my opinion - I have both types - but bezel is a modern setting and I associate it as suiting more casual occasions.
Thanks for your advice =) you've convinced me that solitaires are more versatile than bezel!

Reactions: Onebagtoomany
I vote diamond studs. I have both prong and bezel set ones, and I think it comes down to your personal preferences. Bezel settings can make the diamond appear bigger than it really is.

Reactions: skatergal90
Yes I thought that was one of the pros of bezel too! Especially since 0.5 carat on each side is only 5mm, the bezel can sometimes add 1.4mm to it. So confusing! Wish I could get everything

Reactions: k*d
It depends on your ear. Diamond studs are definitely more versatile but depends on if a 1 cttw pair would look proportional to your ear. On me, with my Dumbo ears, they would look small. If you have a smaller lobe then they would definitely be a better choice.

Reactions: 880
I also prefer diamond studs for the wearability and I like prong settings more than bezel (though thin milgrain bezels are very pretty, they’re also more expensive). Also, would your budget stretch to removable halo jackets as well? Since you want these studs to take you from casual to formal, I like halo jackets a lot because they can provide a lot of optional coverage for fancy events and they shouldn’t be very expensive. You can even get your jackets in different colours if you can’t pick between YG and WG, for example.

It depends on your ear. Diamond studs are definitely more versatile but depends on if a 1 cttw pair would look proportional to your ear. On me, with my Dumbo ears, they would look small. If you have a smaller lobe then they would definitely be a better choice.
Diamond studs.

2 ct tw if in the budget and fits your personality. 1ct tw is nice, too.
I also prefer diamond studs for the wearability and I like prong settings more than bezel (though thin milgrain bezels are very pretty, they’re also more expensive). Also, would your budget stretch to removable halo jackets as well? Since you want these studs to take you from casual to formal, I like halo jackets a lot because they can provide a lot of optional coverage for fancy events and they shouldn’t be very expensive. You can even get your jackets in different colours if you can’t pick between YG and WG, for example.

thank you so much for all your suggestions =)

antiqueshopper - i always LOL when you describe your ear lobes as dumbo ears hahah!

thanks everyone! now just to decide between martini or basket settings…

Most versatile - Solitaire diamond studs (preferably 1.5 to 2 ctw , in 6-prong setting) for all occasions and add removable jackets (2-pt size melees) to boost size and bling for more formal occasions. I pair my diamond jackets with 1.5 ctw or 3.0 ctw solitaire diamond studs, depending on how much bling I want. Some people use 5-pt or 7-pt melees for jackets to boost size of smaller center diamonds, but I prefer the center diamond to be the star.
The 6-prong jackets give an illusion of bigger size, while better protecting the diamond from potential damage.
you can also pair diamond jacket with studs made of semi-precious stone for colors.

Reactions: 880