HELP! Advice/opinions needed!!!

Mar 14, 2010
IMG_2627.PNG IMG_2646.JPG Currently, I do not own any Chanel slgs but I recently saw a picture of the Chanel boy cardholder and decided that I need one in my life!

After inquiring with a number of different SAs to see what is actually available I have two choices: black caviar boy cardholder with matte gold hardware or black caviar zip around coin purse with light gold hardware and I'm not sure which one I should go with.

Initially I wanted the cardholder because I own an LV zippy coin purse and thought the Chanel zip around might be too similar. As I already own the LV zippy coin purse that I use on a daily basis, I'm looking for something to holder a little extra cash as well as some gift cards/membership cards.

I would really appreciate anyone's thoughts/opinions regarding these two slgs and whether you would recommend one over the other!

I love the zip around! I have the so black version and also the classic quilt. Fits nicely in my small bags and also has separate compartments to separate cards, coins and bills. IMG_1494227906.543361.jpgIMG_1494227932.760636.jpg

Reactions: KeepItChic
I love the zip around! I have the so black version and also the classic quilt. Fits nicely in my small bags and also has separate compartments to separate cards, coins and bills. View attachment 3692079View attachment 3692080

Thanks for taking the time to respond and to share pictures! Ahhh I love this so black version--- it's so gorgeous! That's the color I originally wanted but it seems like it's all sold out already. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase yours from?

Last edited:
I have both styles of CC card holders (though not in the boy design) and I like them both, but I prefer the zip around card holder. Of the two pictured, I prefer the shiny LGH of the zip around style since it seems to be more versatile than the matte GHW. GLD!

Reactions: i_heart_fashion
Zip around hands down! It holds a million times more haha...okay obviously an exaggeration but for me it held significantly more than my small flap one which I ended up selling. However, the soft caviar flap one in your photo does have a little more space than my regular caviar flap, since it's more flexible/soft.

Regardless, my small zip around card case holds pretty much everything I would normally hold in my full sized wallet [emoji846]