HELP! Advice on how to sell my Mini Square Flap please!

birdbee08

Jun 20, 2020
I want to sell my Chanel Caviar Quilted Mini Square Flap in Black with GHW but I'm at a loss because I do not have the box/dust bag/authenticity card. I looked inside my bag and could not find the serial number sticker either?? I am 100% sure it is authentic because I purchased this myself at the Chanel inside Bloomingdale's. I requested authentication service from a reputable site to give future buyer peace of mind to purchase, but they do not authenticate without the serial number sticker intact.

So I was wondering if there is anyone that had a similar situation and was able to get authentication done somewhere without a serial number sticker on the bag? Any other thoughts on how to sell? Or at this point, am I better off just keeping it? Thank you!

I have two vintage bags without serial numbers because they were made before 1986.
Was yours made before 1986?
I have seen Fashionphile sells vintage bag without serial number. Maybe get a quote from them.

The other way is, show the photos of your bag to Leather Surgeon. They usually issue an authenticity certificate with a spa treatment.

Poshmark authenticates items above $500 for the seller. Once the item is sold, you ship it to Poshmark for authentication. Maybe try to sell your bag that way.

Would you like to show photos of your bag? Maybe the sticker came off without you knowing. It happens.

This is my bag (1st and 2nd photo attached)
I have another one that’s similar, because I love the chain.

Also, I live in southern Arizona, we don’t have much rain, so I’m able to take my lambskin out all the time.

I think lambskin is easy to handle, because I know how to maintain and touch up on lambskin with no worries anymore.

I buy Chanel for their beautiful vintage gold plated chains. These vintage chains are really attractive to me because the plating are still like brand new although the bags are over 30 years old.

I believe my double flaps are made after Karl Lagerfeld arrived Chanel in 1882, because the he was the one who changed the rectangle Mademoiselle lock to CC logo lock.

Meanwhile, the chain is the original chain design; and no serial number stickers because before 1986, Chanel bags had no serial numbers attached.

You can see the same style chain on today’s Reissue (which resembles the original Coco Chanel 2.55 design).
However, the quality of the chain made in the 80’s and early 90’s are superior.

My bags are small, 25cm across, 6cm wide.
There are some similar bags remain at this eBay Japanese seller inventory for less and around $2000, if you’re interested.

I have seen vintage mini in this seller’s eBay posting too. They are mostly in lambskin though. See attached photos. These are still in stock as right now.

12582C03-38B4-4483-930F-295A5F2D9058.jpeg

D9461122-CEE5-4A9F-AF3F-6AC2F1F114E6.jpeg

764951F8-F0F2-4F84-AFAC-FD752D590244.png

4A6DC8FE-74F0-49D6-9C03-8422E1AB8283.png

894343F5-3669-4FA0-8B2F-DB496A7A4B62.png

I wouldn’t recommend Leather Surgeon anymore. There are complaints of them redying Chanel bags without asking the owners’ permissions on this forum.

I have cleaned and polished my red lamb skin Chanel which was stained so bad from color transfer by myself. I think the result is good.

• Wow
Reactions: eunaddict
Hi!
Welcome! Please take a moment to review our rules. There no buying or selling here. As you might imagine, this question is asked a lot! There’s tons of threads about selling luxe goods if you run a quick search! :tender: