HELP!!!! ACCUSED OF BAIT AND SWITCH from Ebayer

i am so sorry this situation is causing you stress! you have been given EXCELLENT advice throughout this thread.

please remember to be FIRM with your replies and future correspondence with the buyer (if at all...i would not have any communication other than the pics she has taken of the bag) if you are unsure or scared, it will show in your emails.

it really sounds as though the buyer is not familiar with the epi and jumped immediately into action.

stay calm. you have done what you can do so far. DO NOT accept the bag if she tries to mail it back to you, even tell your postman to be on the lookout. paypal will side with her if you get the bag back. until the issue has been settled and the authentication has been confirmed, then decide how to proceed with your seller.

if she thinks it is not authentic, she needs to have it authenticated to prove it.

everything will work out, keep thinking positively.

In response to an earlier post, yes, that was my auction that had pinklady98's pic up temporarily. I didn't imagine that someone would buy-it-now so quickly as I was still trying to put up my pictures and own measurements up.

As for her description of the packaging, it's true. It did not arrive with an actual LV dustbag, but rather in a plastic clear dustbag, exactly as I had received from pinklady98. I stuffed it up with paper and plastic to help it retain its shape on the inside.

Now I wished I went as far as to use the camcorder to record me PUTTING the bag in the box, SEALING the box, and then handing it over to the postbox.

You girls are right though, I'm going to request that she call me on my cell phone when she arrives at the LV Boutique, and then I want to speak to the SA/Manager as well as call the boutique to check that they were working there and then. I'll get the SA to confirm the datecode on the bag with my pictures.

I sent her back this email to let her know that I'm not going to be fooled or taken in easily. It's pretty much a civil attempt to get across that I'm not giving up my $600 US without a good fight!

> Hi Rebecca,
>
> I am only willing to refund you $610 US if you can
> send back the original bag that I sent you that
> MATCHES the datecode I have in my pictures. If the bag
> you send back to me does not match my pictures, then I
> will send you it back, as it is a fake, and not the
> one that I sent you with tracking number.
>
> First, please take it into the Beverly Hills LV to
> have it authenticated. I will be needed the SA names
> and the manager name, and day and time you went in
> with the bag. I will be calling the manager that you
> are dealing with there to confirm that the datecode on
> your speedy matches the one that I have in my personal
> photos that I took of it myself. The datecode is
> VI0931. Please provide me with their phone number as
> well so I can call to check.
>
> Here are my pictures of it before I put it into the
> box to send to you.
>
> http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Bucanville/LV%20Epi%20Speedy%
> 2035/
>
>

She's never seen my personal pictures that I took of it before, this will be the first time I show to her that I have proof of what I sent out. I'm hoping if she is a scammer, she saw the ebay auction without any original pictures and thought "easy victim" and then proceeded to purchase it right away. But I'm making it evident to her that I do have pictures I personally took of it myself

Lyn2005 said:
As for her description of the packaging, it's true. It did not arrive with an actual LV dustbag, but rather in a plastic clear dustbag, exactly as I had received from pinklady98. I stuffed it up with paper and plastic to help it retain its shape on the inside.

Then this is good. I've looked at the original description, and although it mentions a dustbag, is doesn't make mention that it is a *LV* dustbag. The original description also makes mention of the textile lining.

So, this is looking good. I'd say that she isn't aware the bag she bought is from '91, has panicked, and hopefully, you should be soon receiving a huge apology from her.

Good luck!

K
x

(Just a note, if you do need to phone anyone, then don't use any phone number provided by them. Source the phone number yourself. Who know's what number they would provide...)

paypal is such an idiot
unfortunately it looks like it'll be a long battle for you
she's also an idiot if she has a closet FULL of designer items
if she took it to LV BH she would know it was real.
but it really sounds more like buyer's remorse to me.

I think paypal will only decide if she goes to a reputable seller who will confirm, with letterhead and all, that the bag is fake. They won't freeze the account (at least not for long) if its just one person's word against the other.

They can't withdraw money from your bank, or your credit card, but they can put your Paypal account in debit, and then chase the "debt" that way.

That's incorrect. They can and will withdraw money from your bank account or charge your credit card. If you read PayPal's fine details, anyone with a PayPal account has already given them third party authorization to do that.....

Ok, so I should freeze my dad's credit card too then?? Boy, is he gonna be pissed when he finds out the mess I'm in.

I'm just hoping this whole thing blows over, but am preparing myself for a long battle, if need be. BF's so pissed over my newly stressed state that he made me vow to never sell on ebay again and preferably even MP ever again, or he'll walk. I'm going to have to seek out a consignment store or ebay dropoff service to get rid off my "selling" inventory of clothes, shoes, and such.

This woman really wrecked my life!!!!

hugs2.gif
I am sorry this happening to you. I hope everything will be ok. I personally think:

The buyer change her mind or
The buyer doesn't know anything about vintage piece

It will be tough for her to switch the bag for the same datecode

Please keep us update
hugs2.gif

My condolences. What a nightmare! If it helps, you've certainly helped others to watch out for these kinds of scams from buyers on Ebay, I've bought from PinkLady and found her to be highly ethical, with beautiful, better than described, items and was contacted way back by My Poupette for a reference. I was just thinking of listing one of my authentic LV's on Ebay, and am now rethinking any "buy it now' option. Advice here has been wonderful, and it's so great to know there's this kind of support for those of us smitten with Vuitton quality and style. Personally, never buy anything else, but have been stung on Ebay also.

Ask to give her the name and the phone number of the LV store manager that you can look it up in the directories. Otherwise, if you don't go to the same LV boutique as hers to check it personally, then you won't know for sure whether or not the "LV store manager" is the real one. Not her friend or someone helps her to scam you. Anything can happen, so I just want you to be cautious. Also from my point of view, I believe the pinklady sells authentic LVs because she is a member of MPRS and from her feedbacks she is a very reputable seller, so don't jump into a conclusion yet that she sold you a fake bag (like everyone here believes). Anyway, I wish you the best, and if I find any information about how to deal with this particular paypal dispute, I'll definately let you know.