HELP!!!! ACCUSED OF BAIT AND SWITCH from Ebayer

Yes document everything. It seems like buyer's remorse to me. I wonder if she has a the same bag which is fake and wanted yours since it's real. It will be okay, don't panic. Let us know what happens.

I also think its a big mistake for you to keep saying maybe the person you bought it from sold you a fake. If you are sure its authentic dont do that. Because it just muddies the waters. You are then taking the responsibility for soemthing that obviously is buyers remorse on the buyers part. See what I mean?

Yes, I took these pictures myself of it, and was uploading them to my photobucket album to put onto ebay, when she already purchased it with buy-it-now. I stated in my auction that I had pictures coming and was using pinklady98's picture for now.

Who should I send it to? Paypal does not offer me anywhere to send it to, should I put them in a separate sub-folder and then post up the URL so Paypal can view it, and she can view it so she knows that she can't "fool me" with a fake bag?

She is asking for a refund and to send me back the bag. Should I ask her to return the bag to me?

I am so sorry for you!! I don't have any experience with selling on ebay just buying, but, I hope this resolves good for you. Some people in this world are so terrible. But your not one of them, so try to take some pride in that and handle this from a business standpoint instead of personal. I know its hard to do that, but for your own peace of mind you'd be better off. Forget trying to understand why someone would do that---there are just so many plain NUTS out there!! Good luck to you, I will keep you in my thoughts, Lyn.

Selena, I've already posted to Paypal the comment. What's the best of way of damange control now? Should I post a comment that I have pictures in a subfolder to view, and that PF members have authenticated it too?

I'll only refund if she shows me the fake bag has the same datecode and hardware and sends the "fake" back to me? What if she sends me the fake one, keeps my money, and then how do I file a claim for my money back then?

I noticed that she said she would take it to LV to have them look at it- I would tell her to do just that! OR you could offer to pay to have mypoupette or caroldiva authenticate the bag - Only $5... Sounds to me she doesn't like the bag. Obviously she can't get her money back by saying, I don't like it I want a refund so she it taking the low road by throwing out authenticity questions! Sounds like she wouldn't know an authentic EPI if it slapped her in the face! & believe me, we could arrange that!:graucho:

Hang in there, you aren't the bad one here. Let Paypal do their thing & I hope they make the right decision. :flowers:

Lyn, OMG I feel sick for you right now!!!!

Paypal has held your funds and they would have taken it from either your cc or bank account.

This buyer is trying to SCREW you. I think that you need to ask for the bag back ASAP! I think that she is going to send you a fake bag (ie. not the one you sent her) but hopefully you have all of the pic's of the bag you sent her and then when she sends you the fake bag back, you will have something to compare it too and go back to her and say that this bag is not the one in the pic's that you posted.

I hope this helps and like Cristina said, document everything and don't let her win!!!!

As far as I know, PayPal does absolutely NOTHING when the claim is "item not as described" in favor of the buyer. They never refunded my $$$ when I got my big fake Dior a couple of years ago.:rant: I got stuck with a fake bag and out $1000.00!!! They said they had proof that I received my item and the rest is not their problem!!!:mad: Unless they changed their policy, you have nothing to worry about it! I hope you already withdrew the funds!

I think the damage is already done. You need to really think about what you send in future correspondence. I think you should offer her a refund only after she returns the bag and you verify its the same bag. I would state that you will subtract all fees associated with the return. You must state and calculate all fees so she knows exactly how much is coming out. The only way that she can avoid these fees is by proving that the bag is not authentic by means of My Poupette Authentication or LV boutique written authentication (which they will never do). I think as far as bait and switch you are ok. This is not a highly faked style of bag. I doubt she is going to switch it up. Dont sit back and rely on Paypal to sort it out. They are very pro buyers and very much screw the seller.
Hope this helps a little.

Lyn2005 said:
Selena, I've already posted to Paypal the comment. What's the best of way of damange control now? Should I post a comment that I have pictures in a subfolder to view, and that PF members have authenticated it too?

I'll only refund if she shows me the fake bag has the same datecode and hardware and sends the "fake" back to me? What if she sends me the fake one, keeps my money, and then how do I file a claim for my money back then?

I think that if she said she'd take the bag to the store and have it authenticated, tell her to do that and make sure you get her to get the name of the person she spoke to (preferrably the manager as they have more experience) so you can call to verify and put this in your claim too.
Make sure she knows that you are certain the bag is real and she should hear the exact same thing from the SA at the store.