Help a newbie with her first Chloe choice :)

mg0312

Sep 20, 2011
Hi everyone! I have a friend who offered to sell her black Margareth at half price to me (tags still attached), but while I really like the bag I'm unsure whether I should go ahead and buy it.

The reason I'm hesitant is because I know it's from 2010 and it seems like the bag just disappeared from stores altogether. I can't find it anywhere and it's even barely discussed in this forum. So, if I'm going to invest ~$700 into a handbag, should I focus on saving for a more classic bag or just go with it?

I'm really liking the style and the crossbody is super important to me, but I just feel weird buying something that's "so yesterday." Is it "so yesterday"?

Much appreciated!

I think you should go with your heart and not with trend. If you love the style and function and you can afford it, then go for it. But if you're hesitant, look at other styles to see if others "sing" to you. There are a number of styles that have crossbody straps. Go with your gut...good luck.

I don't know what Margareth looks like but don't judge a bag by lack of discussion. The Gemma was not seen in stores (I've never seen it in person) and seemed to come and go quietly. Yet I and many others have asked where you can find one in the pale colors. It quietly came and went and became this mythical bag.

Conversely, don't buy it based on price. If you would have bought it on it's own merit for the price, then definitely get it. But so many of us have been swept away by a sale/low price when the bag was not really our first choice and it doesn't get worn very often - all while we long for the bag we really wanted all along.:smile:

Thanks for the advice. I do like the bag very much, and I am attracted to its price. I always feel guilty spending too much on a bag even if I really love it. This is a price I'm a little more comfortable with, and I think I'll wear the bag everyday :smile:

I still have time to think about it, but as for now, I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and get it.

Thanks for the advice. I do like the bag very much, and I am attracted to its price. I always feel guilty spending too much on a bag even if I really love it. This is a price I'm a little more comfortable with, and I think I'll wear the bag everyday :smile:

I still have time to think about it, but as for now, I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and get it.

Glad that you'll get it! IMO if it's a practical bag for you and priced well then you should get it:biggrin:

Hi everyone! I have a friend who offered to sell her black Margareth at half price to me (tags still attached), but while I really like the bag I'm unsure whether I should go ahead and buy it.

The reason I'm hesitant is because I know it's from 2010 and it seems like the bag just disappeared from stores altogether. I can't find it anywhere and it's even barely discussed in this forum. So, if I'm going to invest ~$700 into a handbag, should I focus on saving for a more classic bag or just go with it?

I'm really liking the style and the crossbody is super important to me, but I just feel weird buying something that's "so yesterday." Is it "so yesterday"?

Much appreciated!

Buy the bag if you really like it and don't worry about the year. I have bags that are decades old and many of them look a lot better than many of the current bags out. A classic is a classic and years later a classic becomes a vintage classic!