Help a newbie choose the right Flap!

mbdisfan

O.G.
Jan 5, 2011
Hi ladies!

I'm a long-time avid reader of this forum, but am still learning all of the names of the bags. I have been considering a classic Flap for a while now, but can't seem to go through with the purchase because I feel that, although I LOVE the look, they're too formal/dressy for my lifestyle--I'm a SAHM and dress casually most of the time. Are there any Chanel flaps that are slightly more casual looking (current or discontinued)? I'd love to hear suggestions! BTW I'm interested in black with silver/ruthenium hardware, jumbo size. TIA:smile:

How about a reissue in distressed calf? The leather is very durable and can keep up with your SAHM lifestyle. The reissue is good, IMHO, because it is not as formal or dressy as the classic flap with the interlocking CC's. I am a mom of two small children and my 226 Bordeaux in distressed calf is my go-to bag for daily use! I love it :smile: Good Luck!

^ Agree with reissue. Another plus with reissue is the weight. It is SOOOO much lighter and does not hurt your shoulder unlike the classic flap nowadays. They are so darn heavy even if you don't put a lot in the bag!!

Thanks for the suggestions! The Reissues are gorgeous--I really love the look of the distressed calf skin (I didn't know it held up so well, never having owned one myself). Does anyone think the all chain straps make the reissue seem as dressy as the classic Flap? Also, does it hold it's shape over time?

the classic flaps can go with anything actually, as with the reissues. i wear my navy classic jumbo with jeans and a very casual tshirt dress all the time. i only go out on weekends for errands and "me" time and i don't think the classic looks to formal. i also see other ppl casually dressed with jumbos too.

the classic chains do squeak tho, with the leather rubbing against the metal. doesn't bother me tho.