Help a guy buy a gift :)

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Gift for SO

1. Cartier Sweet Trinity

2. Tiffany DBTY .17, YG

3. Cartier Diamants Legers SM, YG

4. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. #1 Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Hello everyone! I'm looking to purchase a necklace for my SO. It's likely to end up as her daily driver. She does not have any "staple" pieces other than a Mikimoto strand.
    I have spreadsheet-ed this to death and am stuck between the below. Feel free to recommend other options if I'm overlooking anything in this massive world of jewelry. Any and all help/input is greatly, greatly appreciated.

CARTIER SWEET TRINITY
    Versatility of the three tones of gold
    Symbolism of trinity

TIFFANY DBTY .17CT, YG
    Simple, subtle
    >ct than Cartier

CARTIER DIAMANTS LEGERS SM, YG
    Simple, subtle
    Smaller diamond, but more sturdy (?)
    Cartier packaging is >>>

2. Out of these choices, I would recommend the Tiffany’s dbty. My dbty is my daily necklace and I love it!!!

aptfur likes this.
  3. I think Tiffany DBTY is very comfortable to wear on daily basis. But because of its simple design, there are a lot of similar necklaces out there made of zirconia and crystals.
    I also heard my friend said the back of the diamond (pointy part) would constantly poke the wear’s chest, if the diamond is the bigger size.

I personally prefer jewellery with a renowned design, my suggestion with similar price range to your existing choices is:

Van Cleef and Arpels Vintage Alhambra necklace in Mother of pearl and YG
    https://www.vancleefarpels.com/ww/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/vintage-alhambra/vcara45900-vintage-alhambra-pendant.html
    Your wife have a Mikimoto strand, so she might prefer MOP. There are also other options such as onyx, camelian, plain gold and pave diamonds, in YG, RG and WG.
    https://www.vancleefarpels.com/ww/en/search/search.html?srchTags=NECKLACE&srchTags=SUB_VINTAGE_ALHAMBRA&srchSecondary=CREATIONS&srchText=&isAvail=false&prodSort=&tokenNumber=0.22478534342448586

Have fun deciding.

Passerine123 and aptfur like this.
  4. The VCA is gorgeous as well! Another one on the board to choose from. Thanks for that recommendation and your notes on the DBTY.

honeypeach likes this.
  5. Cartier Trinity.

aptfur likes this.
  6. My suggestion would be either the Cartier Trinity or the VCA Alhambra. I wouldnt go MOP if she has a pearl strand already though, since its nice to have something a bit different.

If she's a fan of yellow gold, I absolutely LOVE the guilloche 10 motif alhambra, but that might be too expensive, I don't know how much it is offhand. In general though, any of the plain gold alhambra pendants are really sturdy for everyday :smile:

aptfur likes this.
  7. Thanks everyone for the input! Some of you nudged me to take a look at the VCA Alhambra. I landed on that for the gift. No doubt I'll be going down the list of the other options as months/years pass by :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice