Help a Coach Newbie, please - I am looking for a Small Parker Hippie!

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Hi everyone! :biggrin:

Just like the thread title says, I am looking for a small Parker Hippie in leather, preferably black (I love the large size, but I am afraid that since I am pretty short it will be too long on me). I know that I am very late to the game, so please be honest with me - are the auction sites my only chance? If so, how often does a Parker Small Leather Hippie pop up and do they go quickly? About what price can I expect to pay for one that's NWT or in EUC?

I really appreciate your help - and if anyone is looking for a Black Leather Parker Riley, NWT (I have inspected it myself and it is perfect), a consignment store near my house has one for somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 (or less - I can't exactly recall). If you are interested, just PM me and I will pass you their phone #.

Thanks so much!!! :biggrin:

I think online auction sites are pretty much your only shot at this point. The small Parker Hippies were hard to come by in the US even when they were new, I think they were all Japan exclusives but you could order them through JAX, and a few showed up at the outlets. I don't remember black in the small, I do remember sky blue, pink pearl, cinnamon, and white. Coach also made a mushroom small which was TDF and would make a great neutral if you can find one. The smalls retailed for $298, I would think you could get a better price if one pops up, they honestly weren't wildly popular here (though I love mine). BTW, they are pretty small, much smaller than a medium Zoe or Carly, and the opening is small so it can be hard to get stuff in and out - I adore my small Hippies but I can only carry them when I don't need to bring all my usual stuff with me - I can only really fit 2 or 3 wristlets, cell, blackberry, and keys and then it's pretty full. GL!

Edit: Forgot to say, Welcome to Coach! Parker Hippie is a great first choice.

Thanks so much, toby11! I really appreciate your thorough answer. :smile:

I think that I saw some pics of your small Parker around here and I love it! It's just what I am looking for in a smaller cross-body bag, and I don't carry much anyway...I will keep my eyes open and maybe just maybe will try the large Parker. I am 5'4" on a good day so perhaps it won't be toooo big. :P

What a beautiful line!

I think the only reason they weren't popular is because they weren't widely available in the US and not many knew they existed. There were some pink ones and a few sky blue ones at the outlets, but in general there aren't that many out there compared to the large size.

Thanks, ozmodiar! Bummer that they didn't make any in black - I would love a mushroom, white, or walnut-colored one, though.

Is it just me or is the new large Madison Hippie a teeny bit shorter than the large Parker hippie? Hmmm....I am going to have to go try it on, me thinks.

But I just love the pleat and the twisted strap on the Parker, so I don't know if the Madison will fill the void.

I know your looking for leather. But they did make a Sig version in all black. I saw a few at my local NEX a few days ago, might go back and get it. I'm looking for a leather one as well (love the feel), but will settle w/ Sig if I have too.

I own the black OP art one and the sky blue leather one and I love them. The black OP art ones went on sale at Macys not too long ago. They were originally only at the boutique, and then the department stores got them. If you have a Macys nearby, they just might have one. It would be for a great price too.