Help a Chanel newbie!

LLEvans4

O.G.
Apr 21, 2007
Hello everyone! I'm normally a Louis Vuitton buyer but would like to get a Chanel bag for an upcoming event I'm atttending. It's semi formal/cocktail. What would you reccommend? I'm completely overwhelmed. Thank you!

I would look for something that has some "sparkle" to it. Like sequins or strass that would coordinate with your dress. I have a few and I carry them everywhere! But that's just me because I love bling! Good luck dear!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Hello everyone! I'm normally a Louis Vuitton buyer but would like to get a Chanel bag for an upcoming event I'm atttending. It's semi formal/cocktail. What would you reccommend? I'm completely overwhelmed. Thank you!

A medium/large classic flap in either lambskin or caviar. You'll be able to fit more things in there compared to a WOC. It's just the right size for everyday use and for formal events.

Depends what your budget is. From size/price in ascending order - woc (you can tuck the chain in to use as clutch but that takes up the limited space of the bag)
- mini (square or rectangular - depending on colour, this size is in high demand)
- m/l flap (note this is nearly double the price of mini)

1. Are you planning to buy more Chanel bags in a short period of time? If you are only buying one within a year, I'd go with the Mini.
2. Do you have lots of card or a big wallet? Cards, go with WOC; mid-size wallet, go with the Mini.
3. Do your need to carry your keys in the bag? Do they fit in? I can fit in my iPhone (Plus size) and key chain, but it stretch the leather too much, so I ended up returning the WOC. Waiting for the Mini.
Go to a Chanel boutique and put all the stuff you need to fit in, and see if it works.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can you wear the woc as a clutch?

Technically, yes, but you have to put the chain inside the bag and it fills up the whole bag. I believe there is a version of the WOC out right now that has a chain strap that is more like a wristlet. Maybe someone else can provide more details on that style.

Hi there. A few quick questiins for clarity of intent: are you purely looking for the best looking option for formal event/cocktail only? Meaning you want the best option for that and not trying to re purpose it for daily use later?

Alternatively, if you are looking for a bag that can be used layer non-evening wise (which means it amy not be the most glamorous option for evening but will serve you well in other purposes, what would you need the bag to fit for these more casual/daily purpose?

Do you prefer plain black? Pop of color (like red or blush pink, etc), or something shiny (metallic, sequin, etc)

I ask because chanel when it come to evening options there are some superb ineach of those categories bur depends on your answers above though to see your best options

I would consider a timeless beautiful clutch that will carry you thru many events.
100% agree. that's what this clutch is for and it comes in a variety of colors.

personally, i use my medium cosmetics case as a clutch ; it has a low price point (under 1K, a bargain for chanel) which is important to me if the bag won't get regular use. and it holds more than a woc - about the same as a mini. downside is no chain (same with timeless clutch)

I have 4 Chanel WOC's and I love them for evenings out or on days I am our running errands and don't need much. Sometimes I wear them cross body or on the shoulder and sometimes I tuck the chain in and use it as a clutch. They don't hold a ton (i can fit my phone, car key, lip gloss, a slim card case and it is tight but also my Ray Ban folding sunnies) but they are perfect for me. There is also a version called Wallet With Chain, that is more of a wristlet with a shorter chain you wouldn't need to tuck in to use as a clutch. Good luck deciding. If you can, your best bet is to go to the boutique and try them on. :heart::heart: