Help a Chanel Newbie Out! Which Bag as My First?

sarahguz

Jan 22, 2010
So I recently decided that I am sick of Louis Vuitton, and am making the switch to Chanel. :yahoo:I know I want a flap after not being happy with the GST I purchased. Here is the dilemma: I want to buy before the August 1st price increase. I was hoping to find the grey patent Maxi with silver hardware, but the Chanel stores I called in my Area (Beverly Hills/ South Coast Plaza) had no idea what I was talking about! :confused1: Do I keep trying to find this bag? Or do I purchase the classic black lambskin maxi? TIA!
Also, if anyone could help me find a SA who actually knows about the grey patent, please hook me up! :biggrin:
-Sarah

just over a week ago i got my first chanel, a black lambskin maxi with shw, i love it. the grey's great too, but it might take a lot more time to locate it though. all i'm saying is, i'm not sure you'll find that bag by august 1st, keep on trying though! good luck

So I recently decided that I am sick of Louis Vuitton, and am making the switch to Chanel. :yahoo:I know I want a flap after not being happy with the GST I purchased. Here is the dilemma: I want to buy before the August 1st price increase. I was hoping to find the grey patent Maxi with silver hardware, but the Chanel stores I called in my Area (Beverly Hills/ South Coast Plaza) had no idea what I was talking about! :confused1: Do I keep trying to find this bag? Or do I purchase the classic black lambskin maxi? TIA!
Also, if anyone could help me find a SA who actually knows about the grey patent, please hook me up! :biggrin:
-Sarah
May I know why you don't like the GST? TIA!

I would definitely get the Grey Patent....I know we're getting it at Saks, just not sure when, but will probably find out today. You also might try getting on the reserve list or something of that sort, because I'm not sure how other stores do it, but I know at our Saks if you have your name on the reserve list or something of that sort, then you get the quoted price that's in the book regardless of the price increase. You might want to ask about that wherever you're looking to buy.

I finally found a waiting list at Saks! So, I am on the waiting list for the patent, and I was told that the increase won't affect it, so I don't mind waiting. If I see it and I don't love it, then I will probably end up with a Black Maxi with silver hardware. Does the patent hold up well? I'm not rough on my bags or anything, I just don't want to spend a lot of money on it and then have it look bad after a year.

And to respond to lv_fan, I didn't like the GST because it was an awkward size. I didn't like how wide it was-- it made it uncomfortable to carry, and one of the straps kept slipping off my shoulder. Plus it didn't feel luxurious, so I returned it and got a Louis Vuitton Mahina L in black instead (I found a new one at the store the same day I returned the GST so I thought it was fate since I wanted that bag for a while!)

hi sarahguz!

I'm actually thinking of moving to chanel too..
and my choices were the GST or the PST.. but now i'm thinking twice...

i'm petite, 4'11..and has never seen GST/PST in real life.. do you think the GST will be big/wide for me too? do you suggest PST instead?

QUOTE=sarahguz;16041012]I finally found a waiting list at Saks! So, I am on the waiting list for the patent, and I was told that the increase won't affect it, so I don't mind waiting. If I see it and I don't love it, then I will probably end up with a Black Maxi with silver hardware. Does the patent hold up well? I'm not rough on my bags or anything, I just don't want to spend a lot of money on it and then have it look bad after a year.

And to respond to lv_fan, I didn't like the GST because it was an awkward size. I didn't like how wide it was-- it made it uncomfortable to carry, and one of the straps kept slipping off my shoulder. Plus it didn't feel luxurious, so I returned it and got a Louis Vuitton Mahina L in black instead (I found a new one at the store the same day I returned the GST so I thought it was fate since I wanted that bag for a while!)[/QUOTE]

^^ Hi anika01! I think the GST will most likely be both too big and too wide because it was too wide for me, and I'm 5'9! Get a flap; sure they're pricier, but they're a better bag and they look nicer than the GST :biggrin:

thanks for your advice sarahguz...:biggrin:
i know a flap is a very classic chanel..and it's a bag that can be definitely passed on!...

however, based on my needs and my track record with bags, i don't seem to be comfortable with bags that has flaps or zippers to open! hahaha!

thanks again! :biggrin: i hope to get a chanel soon....

^^ Hi anika01! I think the GST will most likely be both too big and too wide because it was too wide for me, and I'm 5'9! Get a flap; sure they're pricier, but they're a better bag and they look nicer than the GST :biggrin: