Help! $5000 Bag's Lining Is Leaving Off Dye?!

FoxyBooBear

Handbag Addict
Oct 4, 2009
I have a Mahina leather Stellar GM in Anthracite. The inside is kind of a chocolate brown in that micro suede LV uses.

I had a white Dior sunglass case inside of my bag. I discovered the lining is bleeding off color on to the case. It's weird because the case is stained on the corners with an orange color. If I take a tissue and really rub it on the lining faint orange color comes off. The lining is brown not orange.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with their micro suede lining?

I'm not sure why this happened. Maybe the white case just sucks up color off of the lining.

Should I contact LV?

Interesting.

What material is the Dior SG case? Leather? Patent? Synthetic?

I have a Coach white patent SG case. I'll go rub it on the lining of my Mahinas and see what happens then report back.....

Okay, there was zero color ruboff on the white patent case. I wonder if your SG case was damp? Or the lining? Very strange.

Take the Mahina back to your LV and show them.

Edited to add: Perhaps if the case is a synthetic material it reacted with the alcantra lining?

I think it is a synthetic material. It is not leather but, some sort of fabric. The color is not on anything else in my bag just the white case. Thank you Lilarose for your experiment with your own case.

This really has me intrigued.

I went back to my SG drawer and found a Vogue case. It's synthetic, something like an extremely fine Epi. I rubbed and rubbed, both it and the Coach case again. NOTHING. No color transfer at all.

I didn't want to get them wet and try it. Too chicken. :smile:

FoxyBooBear said:
I have a Mahina leather Stellar GM in Anthracite. The inside is kind of a chocolate brown in that micro suede LV uses.

I had a white Dior sunglass case inside of my bag. I discovered the lining is bleeding off color on to the case. It's weird because the case is stained on the corners with an orange color. If I take a tissue and really rub it on the lining faint orange color comes off. The lining is brown not orange.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with their micro suede lining?

I'm not sure why this happened. Maybe the white case just sucks up color off of the lining.

Should I contact LV?

Oh my gosh! I had the same issue with a vernis wallet that I kept in my Stellar PM in Mahina leather. It was the blue and white vernis animal printed limited edition and the corners also turned an orange brown color so that when I tried to re-sell it, the buyer thought the vernis was peeling. The wallet was about 2 months old and this was not the case! I am certain that the microfiber lining from these leather bags bleeds into areas of friction because I switched out my wallet to a monogram LV and because it is a darker brown color, this has not occurred. I just resold my wallet at a lower price to be rid of the problem. :sad: Wish I had taken the time to return to LV.

I know this thread is old but I went searching when I experienced the same issue to see if it had happened to others, hopefully this info will help the next person. FoxyBooBear, you're not alone. I have the Stellar with this same lining and it ruined a white leather eyeglass case AND a damier azur mini pochette with the orangey brown color bleeding :sad:

sorry i know this is an old thread but mine did the same thing!!! my iphone earphone, useb charger and many other things started changing colour and it took me a while to figure out why cos i was busy and stressed due to work + school. it took me a while to go back to LV to talk to them about it but they were extremely unhelpful...

EllaMono: what is a PTG?