Help~!!35 Kelly in bright color, Souple? or Rigide?

Here are my 3 35 Kelly's. The two in the back are souple in clemence leather. They are trying their hardest not to floop over. The one in the front is my rigide in dark brown box leather. They seem the same size when being carried and not flooping.

ry%3D400
love your white kelly,Luccibag, so lovely~! thank you for posting such a nice pic. very helpful :biggrin:
Thank you for everyone gave me very great advice. It seems like better to get souple, tho. any other idea for color, everyone?

Hi all, I need helps~!!!!
I wanted to get 32 Kelly, but SP recommends me to get 35 Kelly and I found that it fits better for me. (I'm 5'9") . I think for 32 Kelly, Rigide is better than Souple for both casual and formal occasion. But I don't have any idea for 35 Kelly. Someone say that Rigide 35 kelly looks like a briefcase, and someone say it looks great.
I have 2 birkins, and both of them are 35.
Do you think it's still better to get Rigide? or get just Souple? I want use it as both daytime bag with strap and dining out tote. Does Rigide kelly look good with strap?
I too am 5' 9'' and have a 35 Retourne (Souple) Kelly in TC and have been hoping/wishing for another Kelly one day: I also have 2 Birkins both 35 :smile: !! Like you, I looked at a 32, but I thought it looked too small in Retourne on me and too formal in Rigide (is Sellier the correct name for this bag, someone please?)
I passed on an 35 Epsom recently, as I did think it looked a bit like a briefcase, but earlier this year, I spied an Orange Swift 35 Retourne and it was :faint: tdf - sadly it had just been sold :hrmm:. The colour was amazing: imho orange is the business in this leather much nicer or should I say softer than Togo or Clemence yet it still "pops", the Swift leather was so buttery and soft, but not as squishy as TC. Sorry for getting carried away there, I could just picture it again, but it was pretty amazing and nothing like a briefcase, just one gorgeous handbag! Do you know I think you have helped me make up my own mind; one can but dream:sleepy:. Hope this helps. :biggrin:

We are about the same height and I have a black box calf 35 cm Retourne Kelly which I think is perfect for all occasions!

I agree that rigide (or sellier) could look a little stiff and briefcase-y but it depends on the skin you choose. For a bright color you would do well with a soft skin like clemence, togo or swift. I love the 40cms too!

Hope this helps!

Thank you for everyone gave me very great advice. It seems like better to get souple, tho. any other idea for color, everyone?

Feu, Bleu de Prusse, Bougainviella for SS10, Lagon, Vert Anis, Soleil, Fuschia, Questche, Parchemin-Soleil-Bleu Abysse tricolor, Etoupe w/orange piping bicolor?

Last edited:
Hm, I'd rather do a softer leather for rigide and a stiffer leather for souple. It would soften the look on both.

I have a 32 courcheval (like epsom) which is rigide and its quite stiff because of the stiff leather and stiff model.

Hermes doesn't do this anymore. And the only stiff leather in souple that I still see but rarely these days is Boxcalf Souple. Unfortunately, boxcalf supply is erratic, and all the bright colours are not made in boxcalf.

For a 35cm, and a fun/bright colour >> Souple Togo gets my vote.

Last edited:
I have two 35 Kellys: one is Rouge H Box Calf in retourne; the other is Black VL in rigide/sellier. In 35, I like retourne much better. The black Kelly feels too big and like a briefcase. Sellier is good in a smaller size. IMO, the bright colors belong in a smaller bag; in a 35, a bright color can overpower everything else. I get my 35s in neutrals and use bright accessories inside the bag.

The 35 is also too big for dinner out. It is really a large day bag.

Hermes doesn't do this anymore. And the only stiff leather in souple that I still see but rarely these days is Boxcalf Souple. Unfortunately, boxcalf supply is erratic, and all the bright colours are not made in boxcalf.

For a 35cm, and a fun/bright colour >> Souple Togo gets my vote.

yes but they do appear here and there: i saw a souple kelly in parchment box and rouge hermes box recently

I'd prefer a bright colored 35 in retourne. 35 in a sellier kelly is really big and formal. At least on me, it feels like I'm toting a briefcase around. Also, I think it'll be too much color for a formal bag to be used casually everyday. If you like the rigid look, have you considered a 32 instead?

Sorry these are late, but a few old pics of my 35cm soleil kelly, carried fully closed and "half" closed. I don't have a sellier 35cm, but have a 32cm sellier. another old pic, but I think you can get the feeling of the bags. Hope these help a little.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P3180022.jpg
    P3180022.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 361
  • P3180028.jpg
    P3180028.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 288
  • piazza 011.jpg
    piazza 011.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 330
Maybe I'm odd, but I had an 35cm Orange Kelly in Souple, and I thought it was too big for me, and sort of "too in your face". I'm 5'4". I now carry a 30cm Gold Birkin, and feel more comfortable with it. JMO :wtf:

My oersonal preference is that, the bigger and brighter the Kelly, the less structured it should look. I prefer anything bigger than a 32 cm to be souple and in a soft casual bright colored leather.

OTOH, I prefer smaller Kellys in a more structured, formal style (rigide) and in darker colors. My Kelly 32 in Cocoan CDC, while souple, is just perfect for it's size and color but would look too briefcase-like if it was bigger