Help! 2.55 problem!!!

FashionJunkie

Dec 12, 2006
At the end of October i bought my Chanel bag from the boutique. Some days ago a friend pointed out that there is something weird at the corner. I checked and indeed the white string looks like it was glued... I don't know how to describe it so here is a picture. Look at the part i circled... the stitching looks weird. Compare it to the rest of the bag. In real life it looks worse.
My problem is that because i didn't have the chance to use my bag a lot, i never saw that. And it has a 30 day return policy. What do i do?!!?! It is not the end of the world but for a 3500€ bag i don't want anything ruin the look of it. What do you think?

Flyboy2

Apr 21, 2012
At the end of October i bought my Chanel bag from the boutique. Some days ago a friend pointed out that there is something weird at the corner. I checked and indeed the white string looks like it was glued... I don't know how to describe it so here is a picture. Look at the part i circled... the stitching looks weird. Compare it to the rest of the bag. In real life it looks worse.
My problem is that because i didn't have the chance to use my bag a lot, i never saw that. And it has a 30 day return policy. What do i do?!!?! It is not the end of the world but for a 3500€ bag i don't want anything ruin the look of it. What do you think?

I would take it back and have the SA look at it maybe she can swamp out bags.

Flyboy2

Apr 21, 2012
That does look bad, You still have the Receipt I would take it back and tell them you didn't notice it as you haven't used the bag. Because it is white, I would see what they have to say. Since you are not asking for a refund they might be able to swamp out the bag or fix it for you.

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
I can't really tell from the picture, but you can try bringing it in with the receipt. If it's a defect they will cover it up to a year, and you're still within the warranty period.

Serrazane

May 31, 2011
It looks like fine tears or cracks along the stitch lines- where the threads may have been stitched too deeply into the leather. I would definitely bring it to Chanel if I were you. GL!

Nov 6, 2009
Australia
Do you guys have any consumer protection law in the US that would cover this? Here in Australia we have laws that mean if a product is defective or doesn't do what it's meant to, then legally it has to be replaced. This might be helpful?