Help! 1941 Duffle issues with hardware.

Greenone

O.G.
Feb 13, 2009
Does anybody else have an issue with hardware chipping on 1941 bags. I just bought a Duffle in oxblood. Gorgeous bag but the black copper is chipping on the turnlock every time I open and close the bag.

I go it at Macy's friends and family so it was a prettty good deal but still....I think this may be an issue because I had to return the first one I had because there was a huge chip on the underside of the turnlock. The one I have now was fine in the store. But when I got it home and opened it, there was a small chip just from being closed and traveling home in a shopping bag.

As I mentioned I love the bag but For the money, this should not be happening.

Any ideas? Should I keep it? Or is there anyway to keep this from getting worse?
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
Can't say about it on this particular bag, but the Rogues with the same hardware has chipping issues that was discussed somewhere on here.

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I just bought an adorable turn lock tote chain detail with gunmetal hardware yesterday. Today I noticed a small chip on the part that connects to the leather. Should I be concerned? I had been a while since I bought a coach bag.