Heloise is Home to Stay! (for real this time!)

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
:yahoo:Well, I FINALLY brought my Heloise home today! My SA called to tell me that the bag that was transferred came in, so this afternoon I made another trip to Nordstroms to have a look. To be honest, I wasn't completely sold right away. It took me a while & a lot of thought. The new bag is sewn much nicer than the bag I had so it should have been easy, right? Wrong! While the leather on the new bag was nice & soft (softer than the other Plum Heloise they had), it just wasn't as squishy & distressed as the bag I had. It was also a little darker, which to be honest, I like anyhow (when I first saw pics of the Plum, I preferred the darker colors than the lighter ones). Anyhow, I went back & forth trying to decide if I could get over the sloppiness of the bag I already had (because the leather was so perfect) or if I should just be happy with the [near] perfect one and wait for the leather to soften.

I decided to go with the new one -- the biggest reason being that this is the ONLY bag I've ever paid full price for. It's also the 2nd bag I've ever paid more than $1k for & I just wanted it to be worth it -- If I had found the other bag on sale or marked down or at the Rack or NM Last Call, there'd be no doubt that I'd buy it w/the flaw. But paying full price for a bag, I don't think it shouldn't be flawed.

The leather on this new bag is soft -- especially on the ends & the bottom, & I imagine the rest of the bag will soften & become more distressed with age & use (I even plan on "mushing" it up a little to help it along!!) My only problem with this bag is that on the flap of the coin pocket, there's this dark streak that looks black -- it's not a stain or anything, it's just the way the dye deposited in that one spot (there are more dark areas on the backside too) -- I just wish it wasn't right there smack on the front where you can see it so easily. Hopefully it fades in time (you can see it in the pics). I also think this bag is a little shinier (or more glossy) than the 1st one I had -- again, hopefully this dulls down a little & becomes more matte-like w/age & use.

So here she is, my new Heloise who is finally home to stay -- I'll be putting her to use tomorrow and I can't wait!! I know the 1st pic is cut off at the bottom, but that's it's TRUE color, which is why I've included it. You can see in the 3rd pic, how nice the bottom of the bag is sewn.

plum1a.jpg

plum1b.jpg

plum1c.jpg

plum2b.jpg

plum3b.jpg

Wow. I actually liked this one BETTER. The shape, somehow, is more trapezoidal than the otherone. What I have learned with my other Chloes is that the leather does become more soft and smooshy after use, so am sure it will become softer. The color is really great! Congrats, am glad that everything had worked out:yahoo:. And an official welcome to the Prune Heloise Club!!:drinkup:

The shine will leave! It's starting to happen with my Epice Bay. My niece said her Choco Bay was once shiney and now it's not. You made the right decision!! Your bag is beautiful!!!

I am never going to be sick of this bag LOL

Well done iluvmybags - and don't worry about the streak - I will always take an imperfect bag over an impeccable one... I love flaws LOL!

Wow. I actually liked this one BETTER. The shape, somehow, is more trapezoidal than the otherone. ..........

thanks everyone for your comments and for listening to me this past week -- I can't believe how much time I've invested in this bag!! It's funny you should mention that trapezoid shape -- that's one of the things I LOVE, LOVE about the Heloise & believe it or not the other bag was shaped more like that. That's one of things I went back & forth on today!! I wrapped it up to how soft the leather was on the other bag, becuz the more I smooshed this bag up, the more it started to take on that shape -- when I first looked at it, it was almost squared & I thought "Oh No -- she's (my SA) gonna kill me"!!! But I think as the leather continues to soften the bag will take on a more dramatic change in shape (at least I hope it does!) She even suggested I leave the bag in the sun for day or two if I like the lighter leather (which the other one was) -- I don't think I'd do that. It wasn't the color I loved so much about the other one -- it was the leather. It was just so unbelievably soft and distressed.

All of these problems with this Plum had me thinking I made a BIG mistake by not choosing the Gazelle (remember when I was trying to decide THAT??) -- everything was perfect about that bag but it was gone when I went to pick it up, so I guess I was really meant to have the Plum!!

I'm still hoping to find a Small gazelle come markdowns (who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and find a full size one!!) But I'm happy with my bag & I can't wait to use her -- oh yea, the shoulder straps are a little bit longer (stretched) on this one too, which is a BIG plus!!

well she's loaded up and all ready to go!! I can't wait to use her tomorrow! My only problem is that she'll have to sit on my desk -- it'll never fit in my bottom drawer (which is where I usually keep my bags!) -- Oh well, at least I'll have something pretty to look at all night!:love:

:yahoo:Congratulations ILMB...glad to hear the saga of the saggy bottom is resolved. I have been in situations like that myself and found that these things tend to prey on ones mind way too much and get right under your skin :cursing:.
Don't worry about the smooshiness factor :nogood:. My Prune Heli was way less smooshy than my black one when I first bought it, but now it's smooshed up to the hilt:tup:.

It started softening up the first time I used it actually. I do tend to stuff my bags full of my chattels when I'm using it and full of tissue paper when it's in my wardrobe and I think packing it out like that helps to stretchy and smooshify the leather quite alot.

It's also good that the replacement bag has slightly stretched handles already. You'll find the handles will stretch even more with use. I had a bit of a job getting my bag onto my shoulder when I first got it, but have no problems at all now it's getting regualr use.

I know you're going to love using your Prune Heli :yes:. Mine makes me happy every time I take her out . I know that sounds slightly ridiculous :nuts: but it is such a cheerful, pretty colour and attracts many compliments and admiring gazes :love:. Wear her in good health and enjoy :drinkup:.