Helmut Lang Lovers Unite!

Thank you Kristy! I think you'll really love the asymmetric bra. :yes:

And I believe our piano is a baby grand! I don't play but my hubby does. The room across from the piano is the formal dining room and the table is the perfect height for timed camera shots. hehe I kind of wish the piano wasn't there since its black and I always wear black and it blends in with my clothes. Ha!

Do you play??

I do! How cool that your hubby plays! I hope he serenades you with jazz or Chopin on a regular basis. :P Funny about your black clothes camoflaging into the piano, haha!

Jelly dear!!!;) I agree .they do complement IM vey well!!! Good to see you as always!
Hello lovely kristy!

Uummm Mia I really wish helmut Lang hires you as their model !! I should probably email them and show them your photos !! You look incredible ! You do ramp right ? Pls pls there must be a way for them to at least see how you Rock their pieces !!

Here is my vintage leather legging and top.
Worn with Ann D boots !
Leggings are 3 years old and have th creases in front and not as fitted anymore.
I'm a mere mortal at 5'5 so and not the statuesque 5'11 that Mia the "HL " goddess is !

Hiya Ama! So true that Mia should be a HL model, but YOU look amazing too! What a bod! Seriously, you and Flower are the 2 hottest doctors on earth! :P You have a good 3 inches on me but you give me hope that maaaaybe I can pull off a head-to-toe HL look, too! For now, I'm only brave enough to go with his tops! You totally rock the leggings and those incredible boots!

Also, I adore your top. I'm jealous of you and the other petite ladies because you can actually get a draped HL top that covers your butts! I believe I only have about 2 or 3 HL tops that even come close to my butt. Luckily, the leather leggings I have (the stretch, patina and armor) all have those trouser pockets so they are more pant-like and I feel less obligated to cover my butt! But still, bum covering is always nice. You're proof that one does not need to be 6" to look fabulous in HL!

And I agree with you and jelly..IM fits in beautifully with HL and vice versa. Those IM fringe boots paired with leather leggings/pants? A perfectly fabulous combination. :girlsigh:

Haha, well, I guess there sort of is a bright side to being short...? ;) I never have a problem finding stuff to cover my butt! Mia, do you own any IM? (I haven't seen you in the IM thread) If you don't, then that is an absolute crime against humanity because her clothes were MADE for models!! A lot of IM's stuff is a little too detailed and busy for me, but a lot of her other stuff is quite minimal and edgy....right up your alley. You'd look SO gorgey in it!!!

I need some help from the HL lovers here!

I tried on a pair of the stretch leather leggings today-they were on substantial discount so there was only one size left. When I tried them on, the fit quite well but the waist would need to be taken in. Also, they were fitted but not, say, as tight as I would buy a new pair of jeans (knowing they will stretch). The sales person told me they will not stretch but I'm worried they will. Does anyone have these pants and did they stretch at all? They are final sale.

Kristydarling : you are a real darling !!! Hugs to you!!! ;)

Miabella: thanks dear! Will try and post more pics of the Ann d boots this weekend!!! I remember asking you about the ld Tuttle for Lang boots but of course they are all gone now !!! Maybe they will come out again next year? :smile:

I do! How cool that your hubby plays! I hope he serenades you with jazz or Chopin on a regular basis. :P Funny about your black clothes camoflaging into the piano, haha!

Hiya Ama! So true that Mia should be a HL model, but YOU look amazing too! What a bod! Seriously, you and Flower are the 2 hottest doctors on earth! :P You have a good 3 inches on me but you give me hope that maaaaybe I can pull off a head-to-toe HL look, too! For now, I'm only brave enough to go with his tops! You totally rock the leggings and those incredible boots!

Haha, well, I guess there sort of is a bright side to being short...? ;) I never have a problem finding stuff to cover my butt! Mia, do you own any IM? (I haven't seen you in the IM thread) If you don't, then that is an absolute crime against humanity because her clothes were MADE for models!! A lot of IM's stuff is a little too detailed and busy for me, but a lot of her other stuff is quite minimal and edgy....right up your alley. You'd look SO gorgey in it!!!

I'm so glad I found this thread- I love Helmut Lang! I recently bought the classic leather leggings and I love them! Here is a recent pic of me taking them for a spin!

Attachments

• _MG_8633.jpg
    _MG_8633.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 878
  • _MG_8632.jpg
    _MG_8632.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 893
Mia, thanks for starting this thread. I love HL! You still slay me each and every time I see your pic with the Shapers. Hot, hot, hot!

Ladies, I want the asym bra. I haven't seen many pics of the fever color worn. Do you think that it can be nearly as versatile a color as black, or is it limiting? Would white be too sports-like bra? I have a generally neutral wardrobe. (Black full retail, fever & white on sale.) Which would you choose?

Last edited:
Mia, thanks for starting this thread. I love HL! You still slay me each and every time I see your pic with the Shapers. Hot, hot, hot!

Ladies, I want the asym bra. I haven't seen many pics of the fever color worn. Do you think that it can be nearly as versatile a color as black, or is it limiting? Would white be too sports-like bra? I have a generally neutral wardrobe. (Black full retail, fever & white on sale.) Which would you choose?

I'd go with black

I do! How cool that your hubby plays! I hope he serenades you with jazz or Chopin on a regular basis. Funny about your black clothes camoflaging into the piano, haha!

Wow, I'm so jealous that you can play the piano. How did you learn? As a kid or from music school or something? I wish I could make music...I mean, just sit down and start playing something beautiful? SO COOL!!!!!! :girlsigh: My hubby is a musician and he does serenade me but not how you think. He takes songs and manipulates the lyrics to include me and he's always silly about it and tries to distract me like right now, he sees me typing and he was singing a song and adding my name in it to make me laugh!! OR he'll play his acoustic in bed while I'm trying to watch a movie and I'm like, "Excuuuuuuse me! I'm watching a Lifetime movie right now." haha It's cute to have music being played for you but not while I'm watching my stories!!!!

And I don't own even a piece of IM! Just sat here trying to figure out why...I think her leather pieces and those fringey boots are just ridiculously awesome. But I think she's got a lot of boho going on too and I am very unfamiliar with boho stuff. :lol: It's funny because I'm drawn to boho at times and then I buy it and I'm like, how do I wear this?

Also, calling Dr. Ama. Calling Dr. Flower! I didn't know about your professions and I must say, you both have got to be the most fabulous doctors ever!

I need some help from the HL lovers here!

I tried on a pair of the stretch leather leggings today-they were on substantial discount so there was only one size left. When I tried them on, the fit quite well but the waist would need to be taken in. Also, they were fitted but not, say, as tight as I would buy a new pair of jeans (knowing they will stretch). The sales person told me they will not stretch but I'm worried they will. Does anyone have these pants and did they stretch at all? They are final sale.

First off, I wouldn't trust the salesperson....the leather will definitely stretch. I've worn my stretch leather leggings 3 times (for prolonged periods) and every time they're easier to pull on, though they are still nicely fitted all around...but I also sized down too. How much are the leggings going for? If you do some searching online you'll find there are a lot of sales going on for the HL Patina Leather Legging, which aren't shiny at all but still really cool and beautifully made. I have them in a red.

Here's the pair I have on sale at the HL site plus an added 25% off using code XTRA25: http://www.helmutlang.com/LTHR-LEGG/C06HW212,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=sale

And here they are in a cool greyish color: http://www.helmutlang.com/leather-leggings/C09HW211,default,pd.html?start=9&cgid=sale

And in a plum, embossed (scaled) variety: http://www.helmutlang.com/LEGGING/C07HW203,default,pd.html?start=19&cgid=sale

Unfortunately, no black. But great deals nonetheless. :biggrin:

Kristydarling : you are a real darling !!! Hugs to you!!!

Miabella: thanks dear! Will try and post more pics of the Ann d boots this weekend!!! I remember asking you about the ld Tuttle for Lang boots but of course they are all gone now !!! Maybe they will come out again next year? :smile:

Please do!! I hope the HL boots come back (I want the heeled version as they go almost all the way up the thigh) but not sure since they were featured in the FW 2012 HL show so I'm guessing a one off. Unless LD Tuttle chooses to make them for her own collection. BTW! I went to LD Tuttle's site a couple times in 2012 and saw that she had posted an updated Shaper (it's in greyish color) and I never saw it on any of the online shops. I don't know what's going on with that...but it's funny because the Shaper must be her most popular shoe. Love that damn boot. :biggrin:

I'm so glad I found this thread- I love Helmut Lang! I recently bought the classic leather leggings and I love them! Here is a recent pic of me taking them for a spin!

You look amazing in your leggings! How tall are you, btw? Also, did you size up or down with these? I'm usually a 4 in HL and I bought the 2 because I was worried about stretching. I see you have a great pair of boots to go with your leggings so it looks like a seamless leather look...it took me forever to find a pair of heels that would do this. Seriously, forever. Haha.

http://www.barneys.com/HELMUT-Kinetic-Jersey-Drape-Front-Short-Dress/501813128,default,pd.html?cgid=WOMEN05&index=16

Cute Helmut dress $69 from Barney's sale. Would need a slip if you're wearing it as a dress, otherwise perfect with leather leggings :smile:

Thanks for sharing!! :nuts:

Thank you kdo! :flowers:

While I love a sale, I think you should get the black first because of the versatility and it looks great under everything. If you're set on the sale (don't blame you!) I'd get the white first because it'd be more versatile than the Fever. Fever is a beautiful color but much less versatile. But that's just me! And I don't think the white looks sports bra-ish at all.

Last edited:
Thank you all! I'm going with black. Question regarding sizing...I'm a 34A with a bit thicker shoulder upper arms, size 2/4. I couldn't even get the XS over my head. I'm thinking Medium; what do you think?

Thank you all! I'm going with black. Question regarding sizing...I'm a 34A with a bit thicker shoulder upper arms, size 2/4. I couldn't even get the XS over my head. I'm thinking Medium; what do you think?

Definitely go with a medium. The bra runs pretty small and that'll give you some leeway when you wash it too. :yes:

Haha, well, I guess there sort of is a bright side to being short...? ;) I never have a problem finding stuff to cover my butt!
You are so funny! Thanks lovely:smile: and ama is rockin those leggings:graucho:

Wow, I'm so jealous that you can play the piano.

Also, calling Dr. Ama. Calling Dr. Flower! I didn't know about your professions and I must say, you both have got to be the most fabulous doctors ever!

First off, I wouldn't trust the salesperson....the leather will definitely stretch. I've worn my stretch leather leggings 3 times (for prolonged periods) and every time they're easier to pull on, though they are still nicely fitted all around...but I also sized down too. How much are the leggings going for? If you do some searching online you'll find there are a lot of sales going on for the HL Patina Leather Legging, which aren't shiny at all but still really cool and beautifully made. I have them in a red.

You look amazing in your leggings! How tall are you, btw? Also, did you size up or down with these? I'm usually a 4 in HL and I bought the 2 because I was worried about stretching. I see you have a great pair of boots to go with your leggings so it looks like a seamless leather look...it took me forever to find a pair of heels that would do this. Seriously, forever. Haha.
Hey , little did I know I was being talked of here!:biggrin: Thanks so much Mia and KD!
Ok, thanks for the thread BTW, girls!!
I love HL and have been longing for a pair of leather pants (but unfortunately, no shipping from helmut.com outside the US...and the price is quite steep in Europe even with a 30% off!)...I do want a pair but I need help in sizing. I am a 38/40 French, should I get the 6 (or 4?).
Oh, Mia, bbagsforever's boots are Acne pistols, love em:smile:

Jelly dear!!!;) I agree .they do complement IM vey well!!! Good to see you as always!
Hello lovely kristy!

Uummm Mia I really wish helmut Lang hires you as their model !! I should probably email them and show them your photos !! You look incredible ! You do ramp right ? Pls pls there must be a way for them to at least see how you Rock their pieces !!

Here is my vintage leather legging and top.
Worn with Ann D boots !
Leggings are 3 years old and have th creases in front and not as fitted anymore.
I'm a mere mortal at 5'5 so and not the statuesque 5'11 that Mia the "HL " goddess is !:P
Goodness, girl you are gorgeous!! I love this look and you girls are enabling me so with these pants:graucho:

Here's the pair I have on sale at the HL site plus an added 25% off using code XTRA25: http://www.helmutlang.com/LTHR-LEGG/C06HW212,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=sale

And here they are in a cool greyish color: http://www.helmutlang.com/leather-leggings/C09HW211,default,pd.html?start=9&cgid=sale

And in a plum, embossed (scaled) variety: http://www.helmutlang.com/LEGGING/C07HW203,default,pd.html?start=19&cgid=sale

Unfortunately, no black. But great deals nonetheless. :biggrin:

The plum embossed ones were what I tried on, and they were beautiful-marked down to $400CAD at Holt Renfrew. I ended up passing on them because I was pretty certain they were going to stretch. I wish they had been a better fit because the color was so gorgeous. But I think she was just pushing to make a sale.