hello...

samiyahk

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
hi....i just wanted to introduce myself to evryone on the forum...i've been a bit of a lurker for a while..drooling:drool: over everyones bag collections...and figured it was time to post.....

i've had an obsession for mulberry bags since i bought my first choco blenhiem in 2003...since then i've also accumulated a patent brown bayswater, aqua mabel and silver goatskin bayswater...

i'm now thinking i need a bag traditional oak but can't decide on oak baywater or east-west version or a roxanne...pls help?!....

i think i'm a bayswater girl cos i love the size of it esp for work....but the roxannes really growing on me....but am unsure as it seemed really heavy...and now i think i shud go for an east-west as i think i shud'nt really have more than 2 bags of the same design?...although i am on a mad search for my HG which is an oak tooled bayswater...

okaay i'll stop babbling on..and wait for some response to my message.:smile:.

sam

Hello there. Your collection sounds divine. My first Mulberry was a Blenheim too. Wow love the choccy. Does it have the dark copper looking hardware?. The oak Bays is such a classic.

Hello and welcome! Your collection sounds fab, you'll have to post some pics!

You seem to love ur Bayswater, so that seems a safe bet. However, an Oak Roxy is a fab bag (love mine!) I don't find it any heavier than the bays to be honest, but it is abit bulkier. Hmmm, I suggest a hunt through the catwalk thread for inspiration:drool:

Hello and welcome! You have a nice collection and an oak bag would make a great addition. Now, a Roxy is a true mulberry classic - but I would suggest trying one on before deciding, as it is a bit bulky compared to the Bays. (A bayswater girl myself, I find the shape of the roxy not really me). Oak bays or e/w bays are both lovely. Considering your HG bag is a tooled oak bays (I have one and I really love it, wonderful bag!) maybe an e/w bays in oak would be the way to go? I'm sure you will get your tooled oak one day!

Hello and welcome to the lovely mulberry forum :tup::yes:

Oak bayswater is a great choice... I think it is so different to the patent. The roxanne is probably a bit heavier. Or could you go for oak e-w bays now, and hold out for a tooled regular sized bays?

Hi and welcome to the Mulberry madhouse!

Your collection sounds nice, and you seem to favour the Bays so Oak Bays would be great.

I'm lucky enough to have both Oak Bays and Oak Roxy. Both are great and both are Mulberry classics. It is really up to what style you like. I would say the Roxy is only slightly heavier than the Bays but it is bulkier (due to the square style) and can be fiddly to get into if you do up all 3 straps (which are magnetic btw, you don't have to unbuckle them all the time).

Have a look at the Catwalk Thread and you'll get an idea of how they are when they are carried.

Hi, welcome to the Mulberry Forum, the girls on here are fab.

I've a denim mabel and love it. I prefer the e/w bays to a bays just because of it's size and I could never fill a bays.

I have an indigo e/w and love it. It's such a good size for me and first really snugly over my shoulder.

Good luck in making your choice.

Hi!! Sounds as though you have some gorgeous bags,and the other girls have put pretty much what I was going to say.
So have fun choosing,and fun with everyone here on the forum!!!

hi! thanks everyone...

i used to love my blenheim with coppery hardware but lately patent brown bays has taken its place. my silver bays is my black bag alternative....i tend to wear a lot of black so i always go for colourful bags to contrast so i dont look like i'm going to a funeral

i saw some pics of your aqua mabel rascalcat..and fell in love with it and bought my one in the sale. she's my fav... all the pockets and the leathers all soft and slouchy, the colour...absolutely love it!

i've been searching for ages for a tooled oak bays....can't find one anywhere, i have seen one on ebay and have put it up for someone to authenticate....i'm just so wary of fakes as i recently got duped into buying a fake choco tooled bays...so if anyone sees anything from vivismysaviour...pls be wary...paypal are still investigating...

as for my oak dilemma....i keep going to mulberry in bond street so often that all the sales assistants know me now. i've been going once a week for the past month trying to decide on oak bays/east-west/ and roxy....i've taken so long deciding that the roxys gone up in price!:faint:

Sorry to hear about roxys going up in price. Its a total pain in the preverbial!

Hope you find the oak tooled bays you are looking for. Ride it out - makes it all the nicer when you do find her.

Aww it is soo nice to hear that pics of mulberries help folks decide to buy. The aqua mabel is just gorgeous. I bought her full price and i have never regretted it as she was just brill..

Hi

I find that my Bayswaters tend to feel heavier than my Roxannes because the thinner straps tend to dig into my shoulders more. The Roxannes are bulkier but slump well after a bit of use. I also love their useful pockets. The Bayswater is a bit of a swallower of stuff.

BUT I think that you need both in the long term.