hello! TOTAL dior newbie... could you help a girl out on what should be her 1st dior?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi! I mostly post in the LV, TB, and Coach forum. I was never really exposed to Dior lately since the saddle bags were popular. But now recently I started looking at dior and the miss dior hand bags. They're so cute! But what I always wanted was a chanel flap-- but with these beyond crazy price increases idk if I can feel comfortable shelling out that much on a bag that was half its price and now with lower quality. So I started looking at the lady dior flaps and am strongly considering this bag instead of the chanel. I am 22, so maybe one day I can be reacquainted with Chanel but for now, while I am considering if lady dior is the better option right now (feel free to chime in about your personal opinion!) I'm getting really confused about prices and what not, I looked at the international pricing but it all seems like greek to me! :lol:

From my understanding, there are two different sizes in the flap? What are they? Do you have any pics? And what are the price points and different options of fabric? I guess I am considering black flap first to stay classic but I would also be interested in knowing more about the nude and the red. Any advice on color option is welcomed!

Also, what are the options in totes? like a basic black nude or red quilted tote for work/grad school?

And if you are wondering why I did not go straight for the miss dior, I bought two LV's that are hand held, and while i LOVE the fact that has a long strap, I think I want a different shape of bag right now.

I know it must be annoying for a newbie to be asking all of these questions! If anyone can shed some light and introduce me to the brand I will forever be appreciative. Many Thanks and hope you all are having a blessed new year!

OH! and if it helps for color choices, all of the colors, the black, nude and red would work well for me. I just bought a TB saffrino tote in black and I bought a coach patent tote last jan in red, but these are really just throw around bags that I got at either a great price point/gift card so thats why I'm still considering black and red for a bag.

It is not annoying at all! This is what this forum is for! I'm sure everyone here is glad to help.

The Miss Dior comes in two sizes:

Medium vs. Large:
attachment.php
attachment.php

They also come with two different chain lengths:
Medium
attachment.php
attachment.php

Large
attachment.php
attachment.php

And there is a new red colour for Cruise 2012 which is called Geranium (which a shocking contrast colour for the interior lining). There is also a regular red one (as seen on the new Mila Kunis ads).

There is also beige, pink, and grey. The black comes in a version with gold hardware, pictured below.

I'm not sure what the prices are, but the Miss Dior may be $3100 or $3200 for the medium. Perhaps someone else can confirm the prices (including the price for the large). The long chain versions are more expensive (I think it's $200 more for the longer chain).

Attachments

• Small.png
    Small.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 2,037
  • Small 2.png
    Small 2.png
    109 KB · Views: 1,817
  • Small long chain.png
    Small long chain.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,202
  • Medium.png
    Medium.png
    158 KB · Views: 1,905
  • Medium long chain.png
    Medium long chain.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,901
  • Medium GHW 2.png
    Medium GHW 2.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Medium GHW.png
    Medium GHW.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,512
  • Medium short chain.png
    Medium short chain.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,011
  • M0210PGAI_M271_V2.png
    M0210PGAI_M271_V2.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 1,550
  • m0210pgai_m271_v3.png
    m0210pgai_m271_v3.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 1,577
By the way, the medium sized is 10.24 x 6.30 x 2.36 inches. The Dior wesite did not provide the dimensions of the large size.

Here are all of the colours that are currently available on the Dior website, in order of appearance (more colours exist, but I don't have the pictures):

Beige
Black
Bronze Pearlized Python
Foulard
Fushia Python
Geranium
Black with gold hardware
Mink Grey
Ultra Black

Attachments

• Fushia.png
    Fushia.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 1,543
  • Foulard.png
    Foulard.png
    154 KB · Views: 1,664
  • Bronze pearlized.png
    Bronze pearlized.png
    232.1 KB · Views: 1,561
  • Black.png
    Black.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Beige.png
    Beige.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,639
  • Geranium.png
    Geranium.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 1,502
  • GHW.png
    GHW.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,500
  • Mink Grey.png
    Mink Grey.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,532
  • Ultra Black.png
    Ultra Black.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,468
The Miss Dior also comes in tweed, matte khaki lambskin, and gradient crocodile.

Attachments

• Dior Miss Dior Spring 2012.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior Spring 2012.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Dior Miss Dior khaki ultra black.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior khaki ultra black.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,705
  • Dior Miss Dior crocodile.jpg
    Dior Miss Dior crocodile.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,578
Hi there, LVoeLetters,

You mentioned that you were also interested in a tote...May I suggest the Panarea tote collection? They are $1150 (U.S.) for the small size, roomy, and very, very pretty, and they come in a wide range of colors. There are two sizes, I believe -- a small and a large. I have two Panareas in the small size, and they are quite spacious. The large might be a good option for a laptop, although I would try not to weigh down the bag too much, so I'd test it out in the store first.

Good luck deciding!! There are so many wonderful options, it can be very overwhelming!! Please do a reveal when you decide upon a purchase!! :smile:

in terms of totes, I agree with CoachCruiser about getting the Panarea. Because it's a canvas tote, it doesn't break the bank and it is quite roomy, I bought the small size and because I'm only 5'5", OH had hesitations about the bigger size because it might dwarf me like a shopping bag. Since it's canvas, it means you don't have to worry about the bag weighing too much when you start to put more stuff in, I find this can be the problem with buying a leather bag (sometimes the leather used on the bag itself is already heavy!)

SAs here in the UK and in Paris call it the 'Small' size (£710, dimensions 30cm x 25cm x 15cm) There are a range of colours for the Small:
black, beige, pale pink, silver, vine, maude, mink grey

this is the Small Maude
m1010ppcdm297v1z.jpg

By michi_30885 at 2012-01-06

the Small silver (this is the one I bought):
m1010ppcdm090v1z.jpg

By michi_30885 at 2012-01-07

and here are the colours available for the 'Medium' size (£770, dimensions 36cm x 27cm x 18cm - the website has the 'Medium' noted as 'Large'; I have been informed that this size is no longer available): black, beige, burgundy red, frosted white, pale pink, bronze, fuschia, lavender purple, mink grey, Sorbet yellow, Geranium red, Light Cobalt blue

the Large in mink grey:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

depending on which colours your boutique has in stock, there may be a variation in the list of colours available. If you're looking for a leather tote, you could have a look at the Dior Soft shopping bag (£1700):

cal44956gn0v1z.jpg

the New Lock shopping bag (£1750):
m9813pssqm900v1.png

or the Granville (£2000) is a favourite with quite a few members on the Dior forum:
m1301pgcam323v1z.jpg

for the Granville, the New Lock and the Dior Soft, there are more colour options available, you can see them on the Dior website, but what colours are actually still available at your nearest boutique, you would need to ask your SA about a particular colour and see if they can get it in for you from another boutique which may have the colour if they don't have it

if i wanted a simple black flap, how much will that run me?

thank you SOOOO much guys, i wasn't expecting such thorough, expert, and precise advise!!!!!!!! If I take the plunge I'm gonna have to name the bag after you all lmao!

I know women do this with chanel purchases-- is it possible to open up a store card and purchase a dior at a discounted price for opening the credit card?

if i wanted a simple black flap, how much will that run me?

thank you SOOOO much guys, i wasn't expecting such thorough, expert, and precise advise!!!!!!!! If I take the plunge I'm gonna have to name the bag after you all lmao!

I know women do this with chanel purchases-- is it possible to open up a store card and purchase a dior at a discounted price for opening the credit card?

I can't be sure of the system here, but from having lived in hong kong, I know the boutiques there didn't offer store cards; they operated on a points system whereby if you spent a certain amount within a year, you joined their vip membership where you got discounts on future purchases and are invited to vip only dior events. I can't be sure, I think the discount was 10% once you've spent over £10 000 and this needed to be renewed every year

Hmmm...the only way I can think of possibly getting 10% off is here at Saks Fifth Ave if you open a new card. They're the only other place in Boston besides the boutique which sells Dior. I'm not sure if the 10% would apply to the Dior brand, however - there are restrictions on what is discounted, even on opening a new charge card.