Hello to all and need help with XL Ergo Tote 10744!

irishwings

Aug 30, 2008
Hello everyone! I am new to actually posting here, even though I have dropped in from time to time to enjoy all of your great Coach reveals and stories! :biggrin:

I desperately need some help on a recent eBay purchase, an XL Ergo Tote 10744. I posted in the Authenticate this Coach thread, and Hyacinth suggested that I post in the general Coach forum to see if there is anyone who has had any experience with this particular bag.

The eBay seller had perfect feedback and listed the bag as authentic and had a good number of photos. When I received the bag, I was very confused to see that the creed is extremely faint and only lightly imprinted! It is completely unreadable. I can barely make out the 10744, and I cannot read any of the words on the creed!

My question is: Do authentic Coach creeds ever "disappear" or wear away to the point that they are unreadable? Has anyone else experienced this? Could there be fakes of Leather Ergo Totes with legacy lining floating around?

The eBay link is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/32095038664...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_522wt_1134

The seller insists the bag is authentic, and said she bought it on eBay years ago. I'm trying to decide what to do; in all honesty, I don't feel good about keeping it. Many heartfelt thanks for any help and opinions!

Hi~
Sorry to hear about your Ergo Tote. I am not sure but I thought there were also some MFF Totes made as well. I have never seen a creed and the writing fade.
Will the seller allow a return? If you aren't happy, I would definitely return it.
I am sure another Authentic Ergo Tote will show up.

Lynne :biggrin:

I had that bag a few years ago and everything about this one looks fine. I suppose that when Coach imprinted the creed, it may not have got stamped hard enough and that's why it's so faint. What I can see, definitely looks good, but that's just my opinion. I can definitely see the style number on the creed is 10744, which is correct for this bag. It even has COACH on the bottom of the brass turnlock, which is also correct for this bag. I vote authentic.

Last edited:
Hi~
Sorry to hear about your Ergo Tote. I am not sure but I thought there were also some MFF Totes made as well. I have never seen a creed and the writing fade.
Will the seller allow a return? If you aren't happy, I would definitely return it.
I am sure another Authentic Ergo Tote will show up.

Lynne :biggrin:

Thanks so much for your response! :smile: In the listing, she said no returns, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask nicely. I have never seen the creed writing illegible like that either. I have read that a faintly stamped or unreadable creed could mean it's counterfeit, so that's what got me worried. Thanks again for your help! :biggrin:

I had that bag a few years ago and everything about this one looks fine. I suppose that when Coach imprinted the creed, it may not have got stamped hard enough and that's why it's so faint. What I can see, definitely looks good, but that's just my opinion. I can definitely see the style number on the creed is 10744, which is correct for this bag. It even has COACH on the bottom of the brass turnlock, which is also correct for this bag. I vote authentic.

Thank you so very much for your help! :biggrin: I had been thinking the same thing, that everything else looked good, other than the Creed. And I was wondering about the COACH on the bottom of the turnlock, so thanks bunches for answering that question too!

You're welcome. I honestly believe that this bag is authentic. The stitching on the creed is perfect, as is all the seaming and the legacy lining. I have had bags with a much more prominent creed imprint and those not so much. Never one this light, but anything can happen in the manufacturing process. There is nothing about this bag that would indicate it as being fake. But it all comes down to if you are comfortable with it or not. I definitely would not return it on the fact that it is counterfeit, unless you are 100% sure it is. Maybe others can chime in as well.

I have this exact tote...LOVE it...the one you have is the real deal. Don't know why the creed is so faint...

Thanks so much for your help...I really appreciate it! :biggrin: It really does seem to be a great bag...I was just stunned to see a Creed I couldn't read. I'm feeling better already with all of these helpful responses!

I have bought a bag or two in the past and the creed was pretty faint. They looked as if the imprint wasn't as deep as we are used to. I knew that they were authentic as I bought them myself at the Coach store. Your Ergo bag looks great to me. Good luck with your decision.

You're welcome. I honestly believe that this bag is authentic. The stitching on the creed is perfect, as is all the seaming and the legacy lining. I have had bags with a much more prominent creed imprint and those not so much. Never one this light, but anything can happen in the manufacturing process. There is nothing about this bag that would indicate it as being fake. But it all comes down to if you are comfortable with it or not. I definitely would not return it on the fact that it is counterfeit, unless you are 100% sure it is. Maybe others can chime in as well.

I agree...I really do believe the seller sold the bag in good faith, and she said she only carries authentic Coach. And just like you said, everything else about the bag looks right. I am feeling better about it, just by readying everyone's thoughts about it. :smile:

I agree...I really do believe the seller sold the bag in good faith, and she said she only carries authentic Coach. And just like you said, everything else about the bag looks right. I am feeling better about it, just by readying everyone's thoughts about it. :smile:

Glad you are feeling better about it. :smile: It looks to be in good condition and the Ergo totes are great quality. Should last a long time!

I have bought a bag or two in the past and the creed was pretty faint. They looked as if the imprint wasn't as deep as we are used to. I knew that they were authentic as I bought them myself at the Coach store. Your Ergo bag looks great to me. Good luck with your decision.

Thank you so very much! :biggrin: That is very helpful to know, that there have been other instances of faint Coach creeds on other bags!

Glad you are feeling better about it. :smile: It looks to be in good condition and the Ergo totes are great quality. Should last a long time!

Thanks so very much! It is so wonderful how everyone has helped me analyze the situation - I feel very thankful and appreciative for such a supportive place to speak with other Coachies! :biggrin: