Hello, Pochette Metis . . . do I bid adieu to Odeon?

Which should I sell?

• Odeon PM

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Eva

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • None, keep the trio!

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
May 22, 2007
My wonderful SA procured a monogram Pochette Metis for me only 2 days after I asked about the bag. I love the shape, the spaciousness and the versatility. I truly think that I'll carry it both crossbody and handheld.

I'm curious now to see if my Odeon PM now become unused and neglected. I'm petite at 5'2" and have always felt it's a tag long on me but while not the prettiest bag, it's been practical and functional. Do I let it go in favor of the PM? I don't "need" to sell anything to justify the PM necessarily and I'm terrible at parting with bags. I'm having similar thoughts about Eva -- the crossbody strap on it has always been too long on me but the bag has remained because I use it as a clutch for nights out. Now PM could fill that role, too. It seems a tad silly to have 3 monogram bags that overlap in purpose.

Would love to hear your thoughts, especially if you've owned any combination of this bag trio.

I'm the same height as you and I also felt that my Odeon PM was too long (plus I agree that it's not the prettiest of bags). I sold it a couple of years ago and bought the Eva in DE and I love her.
Have fun with the PM, it's a beautiful bag.

I've bought and sold the Odeon twice. It's just not an exciting bag. I have the pochette metis too, I don't think you'll miss the Odeon. I'd keep the Eva, it's definitely better for more dressy events.

I just got the PM and now unsure if I will keep it. It seems so small but I am coming from the Neverfull GM. Did you not love the Odeon? I know it's not the prettiest. I just feel like I can't use the PM on an everyday use. If you can please tell me how you pack it!

Thanks for the replies and advice all!

I realized that pictures would have been helpful but I think the conclusion would be the same!

Attachments

• IMG_8825.JPG
    IMG_8825.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_8827.JPG
    IMG_8827.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_8829.JPG
    IMG_8829.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_8830.JPG
    IMG_8830.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 348
I just got the PM and now unsure if I will keep it. It seems so small but I am coming from the Neverfull GM. Did you not love the Odeon? I know it's not the prettiest. I just feel like I can't use the PM on an everyday use. If you can please tell me how you pack it!

I haven't used my PM yet as I've been debating what to keep/sell. But I have packed her with my "essentials" and think she'll be perfect. I put my iPad mini in the back, wallet, keys, etc. in the front. Phone in the back flap.

Odeon is great, it's just a little awkward for us petites, especially when full -- looks like a saddlebag!

Reactions: PurseAddict728
TBH, I would keep all three! Each bag has a unique shape and serves a different function.

The Odeon reminds me of the Hermes Evelyne but with a zipper which is a nice function the Evelyne doesn't have. I think it's more casual bag though so the PM looks better with the outfit in your picture.

I got my hands on a PM finally and it's great for everyday use! I think it can be both casual and dressy.

The Eva is a bit long on a petite frame like yours and it's too long on me. It's great to use as a clutch for a night out. And, it is discontinued now so also very hard to find. I would keep them all!

Since you don't need to sell anything to justify the PM, I would keep them all until you're sure of what to do. ;)
If it were me and I didn't have to sell anything to fund another purchase, I would keep'em all!

It's definitely tempting to keep them all! I think your advice is perfect and I worry I'll regret a rush decision. I'll wait 6 months or so and reevaluate. If I never reach for the Odeon because of the PM, then that'll be a sign it needs another home :smile: