Hello, I'm New Here

piquedame said:
speaking of red bags, that is a lovely red one on your website! (it is red, right? my eyes aren't fooling me?)

:yes: uh hu, it is red! :yes: . I call it “grenadine”. That is my signature bag called “Chloé” but, before anyone thinks I am copying another house, it was named after my youngest daughter, Chloé Victoria. It is lined in iridescent silk. My website needs help so people don't have to wonder if their eyes are deceiving them!

We have been working on ways to have a bag that doesn't "flop" over when you put it down, but is still very soft. I also like that the more I use it, the more the leather finds it's "character". Thank you for your compliment:flowers: see what happens when I start talking about my passion, I can hardly shut up! Sorry….

Are there any website builders in the house? Maybe we could work out a trade:graucho:
(I think I am addicted to these smiley guys)

Hi Jennifer and welcome! :biggrin:

I recently designed some leathergoods for my fine jewellery and leathergoods business and at some point, would like to have them made.

We already have our fine suede cases handmade in France and I was thinking of using that company to produce my designs, but if you know of other artisans, I would be very interested to hear about them.

I have not got around to having the designs made-up, yet, as we are in the (long and expensive) process of having a website built (which, hopefully should launch soon, if we can ever get hold of the registry key, which for some reason is being held by a company in Australia, who deny they have it [long story]! :rant: ). I was going to wait until the website was up and running for a while, before I launched into another project.

In the future, I would also like to design a range of handcrafted fine jewellery, again made in Europe (almost certainly, Italy). I agree, that finding the right people to do this, can be nigh on impossible! :yes:

chloehandbags said:
Hi Jennifer and welcome! :biggrin:

I recently designed some leathergoods for my fine jewellery and leathergoods business and at some point, would like to have them made.

We already have our fine suede cases handmade in France and I was thinking of using that company to produce my designs, but if you know of other artisans, I would be very interested to hear about them.

I have not got around to having the designs made-up, yet, as we are in the (long and expensive) process of having a website built (which, hopefully should launch soon, if we can ever get hold of the registry key, which for some reason is being held by a company in Australia, who deny they have it [long story]! :rant: ). I was going to wait until the website was up and running for a while, before I launched into another project.

In the future, I would also like to design a range of handcrafted fine jewellery, again made in Europe (almost certainly, Italy). I agree, that finding the right people to do this, can be nigh on impossible! :yes:

Absolutly, this is part of by business, I would be thrilled to coordinate all of this for you! It is a great pleasure. Perhaps we should have a telephone conference. Feel free to pm me with a number where I can reach you and a convenient time.

this place is fun, fun, fun!:yes:

This forum is so wonderful! I love:love: your painting! Have you done any painted handbags? I could see your avatar on a bag:idea: ...I have some older pieces listed on ebay right now just click on my name and you can see them-all my new stuff was commisioned I am working on my summer internet line now and every quarted if I have unsold boutique pieces I get them back and list them.

Jennifer Marvin said:
My avatar is one of my paintings, I love to do that, too. I still wonder how people find the time to be bored.:rolleyes: Life is pretty full, in a good way.

Bon jour et bien venue, Jennifer!

Your purses are LOVELY! I am a very crafty person (as in I love to make things.:lol:) I paint (my avatar is a painting of mine, too), make jewelry (website coming very soon!), quilt, crochet, cook, garden, pretty much I just love to make beautiful things!

My oldest daughter just turned 18 and graduated from highschool. My younger daughter will be 14 this Sept., and my cat, Lars, Is an older gentleman of 13 years.

So glad to have you on the forum!
Cheers!
Pippi:flowers:

Pippi said:
Bon jour et bien venue, Jennifer!

Your purses are LOVELY! I am a very crafty person (as in I love to make things.:lol:) I paint (my avatar is a painting of mine, too), make jewelry (website coming very soon!), quilt, crochet, cook, garden, pretty much I just love to make beautiful things!

My oldest daughter just turned 18 and graduated from highschool. My younger daughter will be 14 this Sept., and my cat, Lars, Is an older gentleman of 13 years.

So glad to have you on the forum!
Cheers!
Pippi:flowers:

Hello Pippi,
what a pleasure to meet you! My oldest is about to hit 18 as well! I love your painting! wow! I thought it was a photo. I can't wait to see our jewelry!

Everyone is so nice and welcoming! :yes: :biggrin: :heart:

nativenydesigns said:
This forum is so wonderful! I love:love: your painting! Have you done any painted handbags? I could see your avatar on a bag:idea: ...I have some older pieces listed on ebay right now just click on my name and you can see them-all my new stuff was commisioned I am working on my summer internet line now and every quarted if I have unsold boutique pieces I get them back and list them.

what a nice idea! my avatar has a special meaning to me. I think it is one of those things you just have to leave to the imagination of the beholder, so to speak! I had not thought of putting it on a bag, but it would be a fun thing to do! hmmmmm, I will give it a shot and see what happens, why not?:biggrin: thank you for your supporting words. It looks like you have some very nice pieces!

WELCOME!!

I am an artisan who had both a store selling the work of independent designers and a website with my own purse designs in the past.

Because I HATE HATE HATE to sell, I have had to bury :smash: :noggin: and stifle the creative side of myself and I suppose I compensate by shopping. Sad. I still have boxes and boxes of fabric handbags I had made in the 90's ( I don't sew) in the attic. My personal fave is 40's /50's barkcloth and "atomic" designs so there is a lot of that, as well as whimsical prints. Funky is my middle name. I did some adorable polarfleece "pod" bags, fuzzy cozy bags with pinecones or plaid.

I have all my salesman's sample kits for the jewelry-each handmade by me. I had reps in the 90's until that
(*$%# Calvin Klein introduced minimalism and jewelry sales died for EVERYONE until the Y necklace.

Someone...discover me. I have ideas up the wazoo LOL

Jennifer Marvin said:
Absolutly, this is part of by business, I would be thrilled to coordinate all of this for you! It is a great pleasure. Perhaps we should have a telephone conference. Feel free to pm me with a number where I can reach you and a convenient time.

this place is fun, fun, fun!:yes:

Just wanted to apologise for not replying to you (both to your repy and your PM) sooner, Jennifer! :shame:

As you saw when you visited the urgent rehoming thread; I've been trying to find new homes for those poor animals and everything else has gone by the wayside, for the last 24 hours. :blink:

I'm going to reply to your PM, now. :yes:

BTW, do you have any connection with alexandrainparis? Because, until recently, she had a pic of one of your bags in her avatar.

kitskats said:
WELCOME!!

I am an artisan who had both a store selling the work of independent designers and a website with my own purse designs in the past.

Because I HATE HATE HATE to sell, I have had to bury :smash: :noggin: and stifle the creative side of myself and I suppose I compensate by shopping. Sad. I still have boxes and boxes of fabric handbags I had made in the 90's ( I don't sew) in the attic. My personal fave is 40's /50's barkcloth and "atomic" designs so there is a lot of that, as well as whimsical prints. Funky is my middle name. I did some adorable polarfleece "pod" bags, fuzzy cozy bags with pinecones or plaid.

I have all my salesman's sample kits for the jewelry-each handmade by me. I had reps in the 90's until that
(*$%# Calvin Klein introduced minimalism and jewelry sales died for EVERYONE until the Y necklace.

Someone...discover me. I have ideas up the wazoo LOL

Your creations sound fascinating, kitskats!!! :yes:

I love quirky designs! :biggrin:

Would it be possible for you to post pics?

BTW, why on earth are they trying to re-introduce minimalism, only 3 or 4 years after the last time? :huh:

We had 10 years of it, which was fine, at the time; but what part of 'We're not ready for that again, yet!' do they not understand? :lol:

chloehandbags said:
Just wanted to apologise for not replying to you (both to your repy and your PM) sooner, Jennifer! :shame:

As you saw when you visited the urgent rehoming thread; I've been trying to find new homes for those poor animals and everything else has gone by the wayside, for the last 24 hours. :blink:

I'm going to reply to your PM, now. :yes:

I know. Please keep us updated about how that goes.

BTW, do you have any connection with alexandrainparis? Because, until recently, she had a pic of one of your bags in her avatar.

In fact, yes! She was and is a client of mine. We don't know each other socially, but she is the one who told me about this place:yes: I think she is my poster child or something! :shame: