Hello, from the Cayman Islands

If her brand recognition is low, I would go for the monogram speedy. It is the most recognized, classic LV bag. And, with your budget, you could get some accessories to go with it.
Another plus is that a bag plus accessories feels like a bigger gift--she could open more than one box, and it would be just a little more fun!

Just my opinion but I think you should study the different bags on eluxury. I'm not clear if the bag is for you or for the girl... From your latter posts it sounds like it is for the girl... It's hard to say in this instance. If someone was trying to impress me with LV I'd want to choose my own bag... But then that's just me. I don't like surprises I like getting what I like.

With the above said, if you are going to surprise her with an LV, personally I'd stick to the tried and true classic LV bags: Speedy, Alma, Bucket and would not lean on the newer fangled bags. To me you've got to know what she likes. Heck, she might now even like the so-called classics... $2000 is a lot to pay for a bag that doesn't strike one's fancy. Like an excellent sales person you need to probe her to find out what she likes befor you can even attempt to impress her with a bag.

Best of luck to you in making your decision. She is a lucky lady! (That is if she even likes LV) :supacool:

The Suhali L'Aimable is a lovely bag- right in your budget and very classy. Or you can get something more fun, like from the azur line. Elux currently has the Saleya. Very pretty

I would go with the Manhattan either GM or PM depending on what you think she would like. I personally prefer the PM because I didn't like the strap, but it is a very impressive and beautiful bag!

I agree most people that you may want to lean toward classic monogram. I'd go with speedy 30
p10022844_ph_hero.jpg

Maybe suhali L'Aimable
p10598667_ph_althero_White.jpg

Hi and welcome!
I think just heading to the eluxury site would be daunting and overwhelming if you don't know what to look for.
You said you preferred leather, so I would go for something in the Epi line or Suhali line.
You can go to the search link here at the forum or go to the epi or suhali (not sure there is one of these) clubs here at the forum. That would allow you to look over colors and styles. Or you could do a search for those lines on ELuxury and that would narrow your search down some.
If you are going to order online, you could go through ******.com and they will give you cash back eventually.
I think it's a wonderul gesture to impress your gal. If this was done for me, I can't say that I'd ever be 'too picky' and would be so touched by the gesture that it wouldn't matter if I was 'into' that brand or not.
Now, having said that...IF a man that I didn't know REALLY well, up and bought me a 2000 dollar bag...I'd be a bit freaked out. So, not knowing your background w/the gal, I just offer offer up that advice to you. :smile: GOOD luck...let us know what you get, how she reacts, etc.!

GET HER THE SPEEDY! its classic, and gorgeous, and not many people can say no to the bag!
also, you should get her some small accessories to go with it!
but really you should see what she likes first!