Hello from a Newbie and opinions needed

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies and Gents,
    I am new to the forum but have been loving Coach for about 3 years now. I can't believe there are others out there just like me who stalk the outlets for great buys and get such pleasure out of it!
    What brought me here was a purchase I made last week at my local outlet. My sisters and I took a trip to the outlet on my birthday, and I was really hoping to find a treasure. I always head to the clearance section first looking for goodies. Sitting on the shelf was a beautiful patent leather white bag that I recognized as legacy right away. I scooped it up and carried it around the store the whole time trying to decide. Turns out it is a Legacy Francine. My sisters told me I was crazy not to buy it because of the great price, so I did.
    I brought it home, but my husband isn't so crazy about it. He thinks it is too big for me. I am pretty small (4 ft. 10 in.) He thinks it overpowers me. But I really love it.
    I guess I need some other opinions. I am a mom of 4 little kiddos (ages 1-7), so is it practical? Retail price was $798 and I got it for $250. Good deal? Who has it and does it work for you? I do love it, but I'm not the kind of girl to buy a bag and not use it. I'm just looking for some advice from other lovers-of-Coach!
    Thanks so much in advance. And I think I'm gonna like it here! :graucho:

2. wow! Congrats on finding her at the outlet at a great price. My DH doesn't always love the buys that I bring home but I love them and that's really whats important. If you enjoy the bag, keep her! She is a beauty! Welcome!

3. Welcome to the forum! The Francine was an amazing find! If you love her, keep her!

4. Welcome!!! my husband and I dont always have the same taste, but he wants me to love what I carry.

5. Welcome....Great Find

6. Great deal on a Francine, haven't seen one in outlets in almost 1 1/2 yrs!

7. Francines at the outlet are incredibly rare...so that is true find.

My husband and I don't always see eye to eye on my bags...but he's not a woman, and I wouldn't expect him to have the same appreciation for a bag as I do. In return, I don't always see the potential in the things he brings home. Neither of us are wrong.

In a perfect world, he'd love everything I love...and vice versa...but that's not reality. And I always remind myself when he lifts that eyebrow at a bag I'm lusting over, he doesn't have to carry it, I do!

I say keep the bag, love it and wear it in good health. The right outfit changes everything! Francine isn't a sweat pants bag...she's a dressy bag, so plan a nice night out on the town, deck yourself out and watch his appreciation of Francine change!!

8. Welcome!!! You really love it...Keep It!!! Francine is a gorgeous bag! I would definitely keep her! It's amazing that you found one at the outlet! Way to go!

9. great find!!!! welcome to the forum as well id say keep it

10. Francine is a beautiful bag! If you like it and feel comfortable with how it looks on you, then keep it. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

11. Thanks for all your opinions. It's not that I wouldn't keep it just because my husband doesn't like it...I'm just not sure how practical it will be for me. I'm afraid it might be too heavy while toting around 4 kids, too.
    But I guess that doesn't really matter. It sounds like I made a great find on my birthday, and I should just look at it as a gift to me! :yahoo:

12. wow what a find would love to see a modeling pic :O)

13. Francine is a great bag. It was a great find since its been ages since I saw one at the outlets. I once had one but returned it and regretting it since. If I recall right it came with a long strap so that you can wear it crossbody and be hands free.

14. Welcome..

A Francine, New at the Outlet for $250 now that is a smoking deal... I would keep it, it is a collectors bag..

15. Hey guys I'm new to this site and I hope anyone out there can help me find this shirt... I have to have it ... does anyone know where I can get it? It's off of the Housewives of the OC and Gretchen wears it to Vicki's slumber party ... It is the shirt that has zebra print on it and has circle designs with different colors...

thank you so much and I hope I can find it..
    xoxo
    kacie