hello chanel-ies ... GST?

mjlover1977

happy
O.G.
Nov 19, 2007
Hello there ... im not a regular in this thread (alas i only have a mini flap ;)) ... but recently i cant stop thinking about the GST :graucho:

I've read loads about it but just wanted to know if there was anyone on here that bought it and regretted it ... or didnt use it?

Thanks gals ... hope i can get more involved i this side of TPF :P

Hey MJlover! Welcome to the Chanel board, once you start hanging out there, you can become quite obsessed, it's a sickness! LOL

I LOVE the GST, I don't own it, but I have seen it, and also seen tons of pics, and it looks like a great EVERYDAY bag.

I am sure TPFers who own it will be giving you tons of advice on it!

Hello there ... im not a regular in this thread (alas i only have a mini flap ;)) ... but recently i cant stop thinking about the GST :graucho:

I've read loads about it but just wanted to know if there was anyone on here that bought it and regretted it ... or didnt use it?

Thanks gals ... hope i can get more involved i this side of TPF :P
The GST was my second Chanel. It's bordeaux caviar and has silver hardware. I use it more often than any of my other Chanel bags. It fits so much stuff. Because it fits so much, it can tend to be heavy. So you have to go to a boutique with your regular bag -- including all it's stuff-- and try the GST. That way you will get a feel for it. It may not be the bag for you, but you will be smitten, I promise.
There have been a few people who have posted regret over the GST, mostly due to the shoulder straps not being well designed. It's a personal thing, and like I said, you've got to try it with stuff in it.
--Judy

--Judy

I just bought a GST during the SAKS EGC Event and I love it! I got the black caviar with silver hardware, which is very shiny. The thing I like about it is that I can actually use this everyday for work. It is also big enough to fit my laptop I believe and can fit paper documents. I have the classic flaps but I would never carry them to work. Also, I personally do not find it heavy even though some members get tired schlepping it around. Right now, the bag is somewhat stiff and keeps a boxy shape so when it is on my shoulder, my arm sort of squishes it flat if I leave my arm dangling. I hope you decide to get one because i LOVE mine! Good luck and let us know your decision!

*raises hand*

yup, i bought it and now it just sits in my closet in its dustbag/box. i don't regret it per se, but i have many other bags that are just...easier...so when I walk into my closet every morning and mentally picture each bag, I tend to go for the others. I guess my main issue with it is that it's very bulky/heavy and unless you carry it a specific way (one strap underneath the other and pushed to the back) it constantly slips off. my shoulder often hurts after only carrying it for a bit, even when there's not much in there. yeah, ever since I got my balenciaga hobo, I've stopped carrying the GST. i take it out sometimes in the morning and then I'm like...nah....

I love it and it fits my lifestyle perfectly. I have little ones and it is a nice big bag with a lot of different compartments. My best friend has one too and she loves hers as well.

love the look of GST but heard lots of people said it's too heavy and the handles keep slipping off. That's a pain so i got a PST and i love it. it's cute and roomy.

I love the GST! I have it in 4 colors!

The current price is $2125 for the GST and I think $1450 for the PST

You might also consider the PTT (Timeless Tote)-see attached
This bag is super cute, quite a bit smaller than the GST

Attachments

• PTTsmaller.jpg
    PTTsmaller.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 377