Hello All!! Just curious....

it definitely depends on the SA helping on but most of the time if they don't know you, they may not wrap it in a box for you.

as for fakes, they really scrutinize any returns etc before giving you a refund.

and as for them pulling one from the drawer, it may depend on their stock level (although it's hard for me to believe they don't have any folded up in the back) but they usually get a flat one from the back and "fluff it up" for you. the one you got may be a new one just in a drawer ready to go that's all or it may be one they were showing to someone before you came.

The returned bags are inspected very well. As for the box, until your SA knows you, you may have to ask for the box, Congrats on your new bag!

Hey Sarah, the SA at the store pulled my purse out of a drawer behind her. It didnt come from the back room..that's okay right?

Yes, they often have a few of the more popular bags in the drawers behind the counter so they don't have to run and get them. You have to remember Yorkdale is a very small boutique compared to other LV stores, they just don't have the number of bags or the storage that other places have. I received my new Neo Cabby from one of the drawers. Now that they remodelled life is a little better. They used to have to run down to the other end of Holts to get bags. Enjoy your bag, LV stands behind what they sell. :yes:

I bought my mono speedy at the LV in Holts in Toronto (on Bloor) and mine didn't come in a box, just in a dustbag.

Hey, when I purchased my Epi, ivory bowling bag it didn't even come from the drawer, it was on the shelf. I inspected it well, but it looked pristine. (No, I didn't get a box with that one either.) But you know a box makes it harder to smuggle in the house without dh noticing. :graucho: It is all a matter of what stock they have. I always laugh when I see the way the speedy;s are folded anyway. Maybe that is why they keep them in the drawers. :yes:

Hey, when I purchased my Epi, ivory bowling bag it didn't even come from the drawer, it was on the shelf. I inspected it well, but it looked pristine. (No, I didn't get a box with that one either.)

But you know a box makes it harder to smuggle in the house without dh noticing. :graucho: It is all a matter of what stock they have. I always laugh when I see the way the speedy;s are folded anyway. Maybe that is why they keep them in the drawers. :yes:

LOL! Now I feel better that I'm not the only one smuggling bags into the house!!!
Some boutiques give a fresh one from the store room except if it's the only one left. If they do have a few ones at back, you can always request to look at a couple others so you can choose the PERFECT BAG for you! :yes:

Congrats on your Speedy! This is only the beginning, you know....
I was just in Denver last week & bought the Neverfull PM at the Cherry Creek LV. I didn't get a box but that was more than OK, since I then flew on to Seattle & didn't want to wrestle with the box. Otherwise, I like the boxes too.
If you're close to your LV, take your bag & your receipt in with you & request a box, don't be shy.

This is an interesting topic. I never really thought about it before. I was not given a box for the first purchases (but that was a few years ago while on vacation). However, my recent purchases have been made through the same SA, in the same Boutique.

Once my purchase is confirmed, another LV employee brings out the item all ready to go. My SA takes the item out of the box and lets me inspect the item. She then places it back in the dust bag, in the box, in the shopping bag. From what I've seen observing other customers, it is standard practice for this Boutique.

Congrats and welcome to tPF! My boutique pretty much never offers me boxes, even though I am a regular and have been purchasing the past 4 years. It was only by chance that my SA offered me a box for my epi alma this year which I found really cool, so whenever I don't get one and I really itching for a box I ask them for one. However, they do fill up the house easily so I don't insist on one everytime I buy sth!

As for pulling the speedies out of the drawers, this is completely normal. The mono speedy is one of the most popular LV bags around, and they sell them like doughnuts, lol! They need to stock them up in their drawers so that they don't have to run to the storage room everytime a customer requests to see a speedy. However, if we're talking about the multicolore speedies, then stores will usually only have very very few of these (just around 1-2, depending on sales), so that one might actually be on display and not be in the drawer or storage room. But even if a bag is from the display, I wouldnt worry too much about it because LV changes and rearranges their entire displays weekly, so that a brand new bag which has just arrived from their new shipment may well be placed onto a shelf.

Ok this is too long already, lol....enjoy your new bag and many many more to come!!