HELLLPPPP!! MY patent leather Tribeca Cracked!!!

Oct 15, 2009
Well, if u remember i just did a reveal a couple of weeks ago and i wore this bag no more than 4 times. She cracked on the side of the bag, i tried taking a pic but my camera stopped working cause of the battery. I bought this bag at Macy's and i don't have the receipt anymore to exchange it any help would be appreciated i am beyond pist. I have no luck. Then today a pen mark went right on it, i did manage to take that off, but i have no idea what to do with this bag now???????? :rant::cursing:

Did you buy it with your Credit Card or your Debit Card? If you did you can use a print out as a proof of purchase.

If you paid cash you have Macy's do a records check and they can find it. I have done this before, went to CS at the store I bought the Item at.

If by any chance Macy's does not want to help go to Coach and ask them what to do.

I am so Sorry about this...

Do you still happen to have the tags? I would try and exchange (if you want another one) at Macy's and if they're no help go to Coach. Off to inspect mine, I think I'm gonna pick up a jar of vasoline today.:s

Oh man! That just sucks!!!!! Your beautiful bag is what inspired me to buy one! I would think that even though it is a department store exclusive that you could take it to a Coach store and they could help you. I don't know how Macy's handles quality issues. I hope you can get some better advice. :sad: I know you are sad. It is a pretty bag. Good luck and let us know what happens.

thanks girls! well, i called the Macy's and they said they are very busy and can only handle things in person jesus i just wanted to ask them if they had the darn bag, well it so happens when i spoke to someone else the bag is sold out rrggghhh and i do have all the tags so now i'm thinking of taking it to Coach FP store. Even if I return the bag at Macy's without a receipt i won't get what my mother paid for it, she is the one who bought it for me that is why i don't have the receipt, she doesn't save anything so i doubt she has it either.

I would just take it to the FP store, they should give you the FP credit on the bag. Ugh...sorry this happened, it's such a pretty bag. Are there any other Macy's around you that may have them, or maybe since it's a defect your local Macy's can have one from another store shipped to you.

Does anyone have a picture of their patent bag cracking? I'd like to see so I know what to look for if this happens with my two patent bags. Thanks in advance.

I hope that you can get full credit for your bag.

I'm so sorry, hon! Just take it to a boutique. They will help you out, or alternatively, you can ship the bag off yourself. They will probably just give you a credit on the spot if you take it in to a boutique, though, so that will probably be the quickest! It's under warranty, so you don't have to deal with Macys unless you just want to.

well i called my local boutique and they said if not's bought their and they don't find in records in their store they can't take it wth?? so, now macy's i won't be able to deal with and the fp store are not helping either?? i guess i am stuck, i may have to check with Jax now ugh

Oh no!! I'm so so sorry this happened to you. That Tribecca is one beautiful purse. Hopefully, the FP store can help you out on this one. I can see why a few TPF'ers are staying way from the Patent bags. :sad: Hopefully, *knock on wood* this doesn't happen to my beloved Zoe and Sabrina!

i think i am going to wait till it gets older and return it to Jax for a repair, if i had the reciept or gift card my mother bought it with i would have no problem returning it but since i don't this is my only option since the FP store is no help, they already told me they won't take it esp. with the Macy's Clearance sticker right on there. I tried taking that off but it didn't work. I'm truly sad cause i luvv this bag, never buying patent again...

Btw, COACHADDICT thanks for the advice but i didn't pay cash and they already told me that they don't have another bag, and i wouldn't get what i pay for it if i return it, so i loose a lot that way :cry: