Heifer International

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
North Carolina
wow theres a book? I didn't see it in the catalog...I'll have to peruse the website again....thanks for the headsup!
They left it out of the catalog this year:confused1: but it's (Beatrice's Goat) still available. On their site, I had to look under educational and there was this book and one about a heifer. I think I'll get both. Our grandson is fascinated with cows and pretty much animals of any kind.

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
They left it out of the catalog this year:confused1: but it's (Beatrice's Goat) still available. On their site, I had to look under educational and there was this book and one about a heifer. I think I'll get both. Our grandson is fascinated with cows and pretty much animals of any kind.
thanks Bmom!

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
North Carolina
Good! I got a goat and a flock of geese, ducks and chicks, plus the books.

It's such a worthy organization and philosophy of helping others to become self-supporting.

kate83675

O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
SW Florida
We've donated to them for a long time too, I like how they emphasize helping women and children become independent, contributing members of their societies. I'll sit on the beach reading their magazine crying about how a mere cow can make the difference it a family being hungry all the time or being able to support themselves and raise and educate their children.

I love their philosophy of teaching self-reliance instead of a hand out.

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Bon Jovi Blvd.
As I posted last year in this thread, I always gave to Heifer but this year I learned of plancanada.ca, which does very much the same thing but offers items for much lower cost. E.g. you can get 6 rabbits through plancanada.ca for $35, whereas 3 rabbits through Heifer are $60.

This way I can help even more people.

dallas

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
Oh Shoo, thank you so much for thread. This is brilliant. :hugs:
My husband, children and I have been asking one another what we want for Christmas, none of us have a clue - we want for nothing- donating to Heifer International is the perfect gift. I'm telling my Sis about this too.

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
Oh Shoo, thank you so much for thread. This is brilliant. :hugs:
My husband, children and I have been asking one another what we want for Christmas, none of us have a clue - we want for nothing- donating to Heifer International is the perfect gift. I'm telling my Sis about this too.
Its become a tradition for us now to request donations in lieu of gifts every Christmas. I'll pick a couple of organizations. This year its Heifer and the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission for closer to home. I think its just money so much better spent.

dallas

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
Gosh, there are so many options ... I'm trying to figure out which will be the most beneficial.

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
^^^I know what you mean. I want to help them all! But at least if you get people to pool their money together, you can at least give one or two a nice big chunk of dough.