Heels That Actually Feel Like Sneakers

bag.lover

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Heels That Actually Feel Like Sneakers : Off the Rack Blog : Style Watch : People.com
off the rack Your daily dose of who, what and wear
August 21, 2006
Heels That Actually Feel Like Sneakers

In this week's StyleWatch section of PEOPLE magazine, Mariah Carey's stylist June Ambrose praises the Steve Madden shoes created for the "Adventures of Mimi" tour, saying "They crafted us a seven inch inch pump that felt like a sneaker." Personally, I couldn't imagine how a heel that high could be as comfy as my beloved Keds! But, last night I went out in my brand-new pair of Cole Haan heels with built-in Nike Air technology. I still had all of my usual wobbling on-uneven-sidewalk issues, but my feet didn't hurt! The whole sole is thickly padded and even a little bouncy. They may not replace my sneakers for long days of shopping (I stand in awe of the future Ms. Cruise's stamina) but I could definitely go out dancing without fear. -- Melissa Liebling-Goldberg

cole_haan_400x300.jpg

Cole Haan : Women's TIVONA AIR SLING : Collection Shoes

TIVONA AIR SLING
Collection
$275.00
Style # D20225

Ribbon dress sling with stylish bow in patent leather with beautifully concealed NIKE AIR cushioning. Fully leather lined. Padded leather-wrapped sock lining. Softly buffed leather sole with mini platform. 3 3/4" leather-covered heel.

Dark Chocolate Suede
Black Patent

I posted on this subject before, but I have to say it again. This company, Natural Comfort, has it figured out. They use 3/8" of memory foam in the insoles of their shoes. I can stand on my feet for 10 hours in clinic in these at work and not even give my feet a moment's thought all day.

They are absolutely wonderful. I hope they come out with a whole lot more styles.
shoes_iaec1017068.jpg