heeled sandal experts!

hopes420

Rox
Sep 11, 2012
Hello ladies :smile:
So...normally I'm not a sandal type of girl but found some interesting design during my travel and was just curious...which fit is the perfect fit for heeled sandals? Should there be a small 1cm space at the end?? Please share your experience.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 11.26.18.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 11.26.18.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 11.25.32.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 11.25.32.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 11.22.33.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 11.22.33.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 334
So...normally I'm not a sandal type of girl but found some interesting design during my travel and was just curious...which fit is the perfect fit for heeled sandals? Should there be a small 1cm space at the end?? Please share your experience.

I think there needs to be a small gap. It looks terrible if your toes hang over the end of the sandal.

No there shouldn't be that big of a space. I remember that's one of the first "lessons" my mom taught about wearing heals like such. That much space left means the size is too big. It doesn't look good like that and certainly wouldn't feel good because it tips off the arch.
So... Out of the three pictures the middle one looks most "normal" how a heel sandal should look. The other two really screams the shoe isn't my size or I don't know how to choose the appropriate size but I just want to wear it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

No there shouldn't be that big of a space. I remember that's one of the first "lessons" my mom taught about wearing heals like such. That much space left means the size is too big. It doesn't look good like that and certainly wouldn't feel good because it tips off the arch.
So... Out of the three pictures the middle one looks most "normal" how a heel sandal should look. The other two really screams the shoe isn't my size or I don't know how to choose the appropriate size but I just want to wear it anyway.

Thank you :biggrin: now I know I've got the right size :smile:)

Lol I see that on celebrities often and one time someone told me that's often due to the fact they borrow shoes for events and just wear whichever size available. Hence the huge empty space at the end of heel/shoe.

Lol I see that on celebrities often and one time someone told me that's often due to the fact they borrow shoes for events and just wear whichever size available. Hence the huge empty space at the end of heel/shoe.

Ive seen those photos...they're so dreadful!! Also don't like hammered toes :sad:((
But theres also something scary you'll see in japan is that they wear sandals with stockings...I really don't understand why....

Honestly, I think those all look fine. If you walk gracefully and there's a lil gap at the back of your shoe, fine. I'm glad you at least look comfortable! The only time I get all het up about sandals is when 1. Toes hang off the front or 2. Stockings are worn with them EVER. Otherwise, I'd say you're good ; )

Well yes, but presumably it is a given that the wearer feels that it fits, and can therefore walk in the shoes. This is a question of how it looks, isn't it?

Yes but when the back of shoes is showing that much the wearer's foot is not large enough to fill the shoe completely therefore slides forward and will only continue to do so as the shoe stretches out. This too big sizes shoe also mean the toes likely stick out from the front as well as the arch not matching to the foot's each position and so on. This all translates to the wrong shoe size.

Speaking of this topic I just happened to be trying on some flat thong sandals. I'm a size 5.5 but the shoe only came in whole sizes. The only ones available were 6 and 7. When I tried the 7 just out of curiosity it was "only about one cm too big" kind of like the picture posted by OP. However that shoe size is definitely not a good for for me both for comfort and for looks. Even with that little bit of length sticking out it was already feeling much much heavier when I walked around and feels and sounds like I don't know how to pick up my feet. Also my whole foot was pushing towards the front as I walked even thought these aren't even high heels. I went down to the size 6 and that fits like a glove in all directions.

Honestly, I think those all look fine. If you walk gracefully and there's a lil gap at the back of your shoe, fine. I'm glad you at least look comfortable! The only time I get all het up about sandals is when 1. Toes hang off the front or 2. Stockings are worn with them EVER. Otherwise, I'd say you're good ; )

Thank you so much :smile: :heart: