Heeeelpp!

OnMyWay

ObSeSsEd w/LV
Nov 29, 2009
Okay, i have question...
I love looking at purses on tPF and ebay (with no intentions of buying, I just looove to look)...
On speedies I see beautiful even patina, and its light honey colored, with no dirt specs or anything.
Well, my speedies are just a light colored tan and I switch them out monthly so they get good use allmost every single day.

I need to know if I am carrying the bags wrong, because my handles have like, little black specs all over the top of the handles and it looks nasty. I hardly ever carry the bags with my hands in fear of getting the leather dirty. Also, I dont use lotion on my hands before I touch my bags, and I was my hands religiously. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I want my bags to have a nice even honey patina, but they are barely tanning!

Will these little dirty spots go away when the leather patinas, or is it just part of the patina process? I dont know what to do, because I am ashamed to carry the bags because of the dirty stuff. Someone with a lot of experience with speedies and patina please help me, because I cant find the answer to my question anywhere else.

I think the spots will eventually blend in the patina. How old are your Speedys? It's hard to say what the spots are, it could be tiny water drops or something?

One is a Monogramouflage, the other is Mono stephen bag. They are not water drops, I have some of thse on my Deauville... these spots are black and they are in the pores of the leather. So basically, the porse are clogged, I guess. Close up it looks pretty bad, but farther away, it looks like it has patina, but black. :crybaby:

How should I carry my bags? On my inner elbow or in my hands?

Oh, and just based on the photo in your avatar...is that a Speedy in the crook of your arm? I am sure that the crook of the arm gets sweaty in hot weather and oils transfer to the vachetta and could cause discoloration.

Can you post photos? We can all chat all day long about this but without photos we are not really providing you with the best feedback.

Photos please!

Here are photos... you cant really see in the pictures, but it looks pretty bad in person.

Attachments

• DSC02820.JPG
    DSC02820.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC02819.JPG
    DSC02819.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC02822.JPG
    DSC02822.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 70
Can you post photos? We can all chat all day long about this but without photos we are not really providing you with the best feedback.

Photos please!

Oh, and just based on the photo in your avatar...is that a Speedy in the crook of your arm? I am sure that the crook of the arm gets sweaty in hot weather and oils transfer to the vachetta and could cause discoloration.

Yes, thats my monogramouflage speedy, I didnt realize that would cause discoloration!..... :sad: How should I hold it then?