Heck no! Never on MY feet!

i love flip flops. i wouldn't wear them with an evening dress but i think they are perfect for casual attire if they are nice and thin and a dark colour (think havaianas) and not like those huge flip flops with big platform soles (usually white or some other light colour) that just scream trailer trash or britney spears (wait, that's the same thing).
i don't see what's wrong with wearing flip flops for something casual like going down to the lake or shopping on a saturday or going to the market, etc... i love them on guys too.
however i have a never-ending hatred for:
uggs
mukluks
crocs

most disgusting, ugly shoes ever made. actually, mukluks aren't so bad but once something becomes so trendy all the bimbos start wearing them with mini-skirts (not realising how retarded it looks to wear fuzzy winter boots with a mini-skirt or shorts), just like they did with uggs (which are way uglier, up there with crocs).

Okay, I own crocs (but ownly use them when I am gardening) I really don't like the look of uggs- and don't like hot feet!

But I :heart:love:heart: love:heart: love :heart:flip flops- I live in Orlando- its hot and sunny 10 months out of the year- they are a necessity!

Wow I thought I was the only one who disliked flip flops!!! I'm sure they are oK in sunnier climates but I see lots of ladies in NYC wearing them on the way to work with a suit -- a bit silly looking to me, plus not very comforable on hard concrete. I save flip flops for the beach or pool.

Crocs -- no. Uggs -- never the boots, but I have two pairs of Coquette slippers that I love :heart:. I keep hoping Uggs will go completely out of style so I can get more slippers on sale, but no such luck so far ...

I would never wear Uggs out of the house (if I owned a pair). I have a pair of Crocs but they are strictly worn at outdoor festivals and camping. They're so hideous but oh so perfect for wearing in the dirt! They're practically indestructable and I don't want to ruin any of my cute shoes.

Uggs and Crocs for me too. The exception for kids. I hear they are great for kids when playing outdoors because you can wash them easily.

Another issue with shoes are really worn looking shoes (i.e., holes). I also don't like really frumpy shoes because they can easily ruin an otherwise chic look. I also won't buy heels that are too high... I need funciton and fashion from my shoes.

I love UGGS and flip flops! Have a lot of each of them and it's because I live here in Vegas where the weather is warm here practically year round and UGGS you can wear them in up to 80 degrees...

But despite me living here in Vegas you will never see me in those 6-7" platform spike heel shoes and thigh high boots...EVER...

NO NO NO NO NO NO Crocs!! PERIOD. ICK.

I do however where UGGs because we get in the 20F range..happened last winter and my calves thanked me for having warm furriness covering them. :tup:

I also wear flipflops a lot..but then again I'm only 15 and stilettos all the time wouldn't work. I :heart: flats though!

I have imitation uggs that I wear as slippers. I wouldn't EVER take them seriously as actual shoes.

I wear flipflops a lot, but only in the 3 hot summer months. There are girls here that wear them in the winter!! First, their feet must be freezing with all the snow and slush. Secondly, wear winter stuff in winter!

Worse than flip-flops IMO are velcro-on sandals. My ex boyfriend wore them to an amusement park and that's why he's my ex [j/k]

I HATE crocs, I think they are the most disgusting shoes ever to be made on this earth.
I love uggs though! And flip flops.
But tbh, I think the typicall walmart $3 flip flop is kinda tacky.
I am not huge on sneakers either. I only wear them to the gym.
I wear heels everywhere I go. I mean Everywhere!
I wear them down robertson, I mean whats the point in having nice shoes and not wearing them?
x

I don't mind Uggs in the winter, but here in SoCal there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear Uggs in the middle of summer. The worst is Uggs with a little cotton sundress. HUH? Are you warm everywhere except your feet? Crocs I've never really seen worn except by people in scrubs.

Flip-flops are a MUST! Even in the winter (hey, mid-80s in January).

I don't mind Uggs in the winter, but here in SoCal there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear Uggs in the middle of summer. The worst is Uggs with a little cotton sundress. HUH? Are you warm everywhere except your feet? Crocs I've never really seen worn except by people in scrubs.

Flip-flops are a MUST! Even in the winter (hey, mid-80s in January).

Thank you for pointing out that people should not be wearing Uggs in 80-90 degree weather! LOL And, as somebody in the medical profession, CROCS ARE A CRIME!!!

I also want to add that Danskos should be forbidden. I have girls at salons tell me all the time how terrific they are and how they can work all day in them and that I should really get a pair since I'm running around all day. No thanks. I'd rather limp home. haha

It occurred to me that many of us on the board have very similar tastes in shoes. I wonder if that holds true for our distastes. Let's hear 'em, ladies!

Mine:
-- I will NOT, under any circumstances, wear flipflops outside of the apartment. Not for picking up mail, not for running errands, not for taking the trash out, not for so much as stepping 1/2 inch outside of my door. I just do not think they're appropriate attire, except for the beach.

-- I despise Crocs. I think they should only be used for their intended purpose -- gardening. I cringe every time I see someone with them on in New York.

Amen, sister! I knew I liked this place! :yahoo:

I do not wear Uggs, Crocs, Birks under any circumstances.

I wear sneakers at the gym, and only at the gym.

I wear hiking boots in the mountains or when there is snow on the ground.

I do not wear rubber or plastic flip flops, but I have at least a dozen pairs of leather ones that I wear pretty much year round.

Shoes have to be sleek and smooth, nothing rustic or crunchy looking.

I am a fan of flip flops. Especially cheap yet comfy ones. The all black, plain Tevas are bad.

I am not a fan of UGGS. For me they are expensive & everywhere. I love snowboots but prefer a less trendy pair.

I love sneakers. Pumas are my fave. I love wearing shoes that are comfortable.

If I worked in a large city & had to walk I think unfortunately I would be one of the women w/ the business suit & sneakers. Sorry! But I am at a point in my life were comfort (especially on a work day) comes before fashion. How women walk long disatnces on city streets in heels, I'll never know.

Crocs- eh, whatever. I don't have any & don't find them attractive persay but maybe they are SUPER comfy?????

Basically, I like shoes that are comfy to walk in. I wear heels out to dinner, etc. but not daily! Comfort is usually my middle name!