Heavily considering the jypsiere

Yodabest

Jan 1, 2016
I went to the boutique today and checked out the halzan and jypsiere. I wanted to like the halzan more because it’s easier to use but I can’t get past how gorgeous the jypsiere is. I just like it better. I was looking at the 31 size.

I own 2 Evelynes and I’m a stay at home mom with young kids. Looking for help brainstorming what I should do here. I have two concerns- one is how heavy the bag can get. I’m used to heavy bags so I feel like that won’t be as much of an issue (helloooo overpacked neverfull :lol:). The second concern is it being annoying to get in and out of the bag. It seems like keeping the flap in is an easy solution. Is that what’s commonly done?

Also, for those who own it, what is the wear and tear like?

Its so hard for me to look at this bag at the boutique because I feel like I can stare at these bags for hours but there’s a limit to how much time I can take up from an SA. Help me please! :love:

Reactions: CMilly
I went to the boutique today and checked out the halzan and jypsiere. I wanted to like the halzan more because it’s easier to use but I can’t get past how gorgeous the jypsiere is. I just like it better. I was looking at the 31 size.

I own 2 Evelynes and I’m a stay at home mom with young kids. Looking for help brainstorming what I should do here. I have two concerns- one is how heavy the bag can get. I’m used to heavy bags so I feel like that won’t be as much of an issue (helloooo overpacked neverfull :lol:). The second concern is it being annoying to get in and out of the bag. It seems like keeping the flap in is an easy solution. Is that what’s commonly done?

Also, for those who own it, what is the wear and tear like?

Its so hard for me to look at this bag at the boutique because I feel like I can stare at these bags for hours but there’s a limit to how much time I can take up from an SA. Help me please! :love:

I have a j31 etoupe clemence and love her

1. super hardy bag. I “use” mine and she looks amazing after 5 years. I probably need to be nice and send her to spa. Just slight resin wear. no color transfer from my denim (and I wear denim a lot).

2. I latch at least 1 strap to keep closed and to prevent unnecessary strain. I try to do 2 when I won’t be in and out. I used to do the flap in but was using heavily for travel and got in the habit of closing with strap.
3. She does get heavy so i rotate shoulders when out all day. Holds a ton.
4. can be carried on single shoulder by using a twilly for a more standard length/drop (remove one portion of the strap and wrap a twilly through other half) or use another strap (for single shoulder or x body)

it’s a great bag that is timeless and can go the distance. Always have non- H people asking me about it.

Good luck deciding!

I have a j31 etoupe clemence and love her

1. super hardy bag. I “use” mine and she looks amazing after 5 years. I probably need to be nice and send her to spa. Just slight resin wear. no color transfer from my denim (and I wear denim a lot).

2. I latch at least 1 strap to keep closed and to prevent unnecessary strain. I try to do 2 when I won’t be in and out. I used to do the flap in but was using heavily for travel and got in the habit of closing with strap.
3. She does get heavy so i rotate shoulders when out all day. Holds a ton.
4. can be carried on single shoulder by using a twilly for a more standard length/drop (remove one portion of the strap and wrap a twilly through other half) or use another strap (for single shoulder or x body)

it’s a great bag that is timeless and can go the distance. Always have non- H people asking me about it.

Good luck deciding!

thank you for raising all these points!!!! This was extremely helpful. I have more thoughts but my baby is asleep so I’m about to sleep as well while I have the chance. I’ll come back to this tomorrow. :sleepy: But you’ve given me a lot to consider so THANK YOU!

If you don't mind the weight, go for it... I love mine, it's the greatest bag I own. Txoceangirl said it all. It's under the radar, yet it looks obviously special and high quality (sorry my english is not good enough to describe what I feel), it's durable, spacious, comes in great colours. Can you tell I'm in love? :biggrin:

Reactions: Txoceangirl
Thank you both!!! I’m excited about the bag and think I’ll go for it, what’s holding me back is the price because it will be my most expensive handbag and a part of me feels like it’s insane to spend this much on a BAG, whereas jewelry feels more justified. Since you both own the bag, please convince me otherwise ;):lol:

Also, I have a very nice handbag collection already and a little sad about using my other handbags less if this one joins the family. Sounds silly I guess, but something I thought of. I really appreciate both your input here!!!!

Thank you both!!! I’m excited about the bag and think I’ll go for it, what’s holding me back is the price because it will be my most expensive handbag and a part of me feels like it’s insane to spend this much on a BAG, whereas jewelry feels more justified. Since you both own the bag, please convince me otherwise ;):lol:

Also, I have a very nice handbag collection already and a little sad about using my other handbags less if this one joins the family. Sounds silly I guess, but something I thought of. I really appreciate both your input here!!!!
Isn’t it just like jewelry?.....completes the look, makes you feel great, shows your personal style....

If you love it and it makes you happy then get the bag....go get it girl!