Heatstamping - should I?

spiritedaway

Love my way
Dec 8, 2008
Hi guys! I bought a monogram speedy 30 yesterday and was asked but said no to heatstamp my initial on my new bag. But now thinking about it some more I think I will go and get it done. I don't think I will ever want to sell my bag since its a classic and i want to keep it forever! What do you guys think? Should I?? Anyone did it? Do you have any photos??

I had my speedy done & love it...I get lots of compliments, more discrete than my mon mono speedy...I say "go for it"!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0038-1.jpg
    IMG_0038-1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 398
I'd say no just because you never know if you will really love the size, and I've seen some pics of some really bad stamp jobs. What about getting heatstamping done on one of the mini luggage tags and putting that on there?

Thanks sgj99 and slang - I would probably get it done. But lelliebunny has a good point. Maybe I won't get it done straight away. I might keep it for a week and see if I'm happy with the size first. Although getting a mini luggage sounds good too- it makes your bag look like a mini carryall soooo cute!

I tried... went to the Melbourne city store today but the SA said it would take between 3-5 business days...and I'm heading back to Sydney before that so I guess I'll just have to take it to the sydney store!

I found 2 pics today of the heat stamping so you can see what it looks like - I chose not to ad colour, I just had it stamped. Subtle but I know it's there. On the purse it might not show up too well but it's near the credit card slots at the top.

Attachments

• EMBOSSIG IMG_1140.jpg
    EMBOSSIG IMG_1140.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 207
  • EMBOSSING IMG_1101.jpg
    EMBOSSING IMG_1101.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 184
i had it done on both my passport holder & diary and i love it! i'm a huge fan of gold, i think it goes well with both monogram & damier azur and plus the 'louis vuitton made in france' etc is usually printed in gold on most of my LV stuff so it matches... it's really up to you whether you prefer gold, silver or colour though... i think it helped that i recently got married and have an extra initial to add... it made me giddy about getting married! my SIL also bought us the keepall 60 as a wedding gift and chose colours she thought would suit us and had our initials put on.. it was a nice touch to the gift :smile:

hmm, it's a good question.... But with my LV experience i would say no because you don't know how long you'll keep the bag. If you're 100% sure to keep this speedy, then go for it, but you can never be sure of what you want in a few years!!! I'm glad i didn't do it in the past, because it's more difficult to sell something with your initials than a "normal" bag.

On the other side, nobody should sell a mono speedy, it's "the" bag to have for each LV-lover.... so it's up to you!! Good luck deciding!