heat wave...

Oh yeah, I can relate. It was 107 degrees in Nebraska today. I mean, it's Nebraska for goodness sake! It was the same yesterday, too. Tomorrow is supposed to be around if not slightly above 100. Yuck!!!

LOL nebraska.....when I moved to Indiana last summer (around 4th of July) we hit Nebraska..it must have been 100 + 100% humidity...felt like...just ugh. My cats even got heat stroke (they got better right away...but was super scary) from being in an air conditioned RV.

I'm in Indiana now...it's supposed to be 97 tomorrow with a heat index of 105. Man...this why I left the Central valley of CA...at least there it is dry heat!
Supposed to start raining Tuesday...but still be in the low 90s. UGH! So much for yard work! LOL...saturday night I mowed my half acre lawn, riding lawnmower died and had to mow by hand...I thought I was going to die!

fr2nc1z said:
^ Unless your electricity is turned off!!!

I hope everyone is staying safe!!
The horror! I don't know what I'd do if it went off but it's possible that it would when everyone suddenly turns it on tomorrow! :wtf: Thanks for reminding me. Grrrr. Planning the contingency plan now!

fr2nc1z said:
This is the point that I will direct everyone to become aware of global warming and the ways that you can help out. Global warming is serious enough that we should all try to help out in your own little way.

Yes, I agree. Educate yourself as to how you can make a difference. There are so many simple things we can do. Please read up on this....leading national scientists say that if drastic measures aren't taken soon that in as little as 60 years our world will be a completely different place. It's scary.

Anybody see the show when Oprah had Leonardo Dicaprio on her show with a few other scientists & they were talking about this? I think it is one of her most valuable shows...everyone should see it.

crowgal said:
Yes, I agree. Educate yourself as to how you can make a difference. There are so many simple things we can do. Please read up on this....leading national scientists say that if drastic measures aren't taken soon that in as little as 60 years our world will be a completely different place. It's scary.

Anybody see the show when Oprah had Leonardo Dicaprio on her show with a few other scientists & they were talking about this? I think it is one of her most valuable shows...everyone should see it.

Yep, there are a lot of small things that you can do to help!
You could also always watch "An Inconvenient Truth"

fr2nc1z said:
Yep, there are a lot of small things that you can do to help!
You could also always watch "An Inconvenient Truth"
I saw this and liked the movie. This is one of the reasons why I am considering not having kids. I don't want to bring life into this world just to watch them suffer and struggle in the future shown there.