Heat-stamping

brittanyh

In LVoe :)
O.G.
Jul 2, 2010
Hi all!

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find an answer to my question: Can you take preloved items in the store for heat stamping?

My Aunt is passing me her Delightful GM *swoon* and I'd love to have it heat stamped, but the LV store is 3 hours away and it's not even the same one she bought the bag at originally.

TIA! :smile:

Hi all!

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find an answer to my question: Can you take preloved items in the store for heat stamping?

My Aunt is passing me her Delightful GM *swoon* and I'd love to have it heat stamped, but the LV store is 3 hours away and it's not even the same one she bought the bag at originally.

Yes☺️❤️

Hi all!

You should call ahead to let the store know you are coming. On rare occasions, they can't do heatstamping. And it takes an hour to hear up the device. Since I only live 15 minutes away, the days that it has been unavailable never affected me - I can leave my items or just come back the next day

Hi all!

Yes, LV will hot stamp any authentic bag for free. The only issue with hot stamping is where you want it. Sometimes it's an issue where they can't (or won't) stamp certain areas on the bag. Also twice when I got mine done I had to leave the bag and come back, only once was I able to get it done and have my bag within 30 mins. HTH!

They'll definitely pre-stamp a used bag. Took me a year of beating up my Neverfull Mono before I went in to get the leaf stamped. They can do it same day but only if it's not busy and there are plenty of associates in the store, I'd call ahead to save yourself the double back in case they ask you to leave it overnight or more.

Congrats on the new to you bag, I'd be so excited!

Hi all!

Congrats on the gift. I will say they definitely heat stamp , all that matters is that its authentic. With that said, if the bag has a heavy patina they may not be able to do color. Just something I have heard from two SAs.