Heat Stamping Questions

Herro

Apr 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I recently bought a new wallet off eBay and got it heat stamped at Louis Vuitton - upon collection I asked if it was genuine and they gave me a weird look and said yes of course. Do they actually check for authenticity when heat stamping?

They gave me a new box/dust bag/carry bag as well with it - I couldn't tell if my SA thought I just bought it there and was picking it up for the first time or do they just give this to anyone that gets heat stamp done after the initial purchase?

Last edited:

Bags_4_life

Sep 4, 2012
London
Also, When you take any item in for hot stamping it will be returned with a dust bag, box and put in a store bag, no matter where it was bought or how old it is, congrats on your wallet, post a pic of your stamping, I love seeing what options people choose :smile:

zeronohiya

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Also, When you take any item in for hot stamping it will be returned with a dust bag, box and put in a store bag, no matter where it was bought or how old it is, congrats on your wallet, post a pic of your stamping, I love seeing what options people choose :smile:

I didn't know this! I took my agenda in for hot stamping yesterday & did not receive anything. I asked for another dust bag because I purchased it from Yoogis & it didn't come with one & the SA told me that all the dust bags are accounted for as the handbags come from the warehouse in the dust bags!

Has anyone else received a dust bag & box after hot stamping an item? I'm pissed!!! I may call the store back!

Jan 3, 2011
Washington DC
I didn't know this! I took my agenda in for hot stamping yesterday & did not receive anything. I asked for another dust bag because I purchased it from Yoogis & it didn't come with one & the SA told me that all the dust bags are accounted for as the handbags come from the warehouse in the dust bags!

Has anyone else received a dust bag & box after hot stamping an item? I'm pissed!!! I may call the store back!
Hmmm, no I haven't ever received new trimmings. That might be because I'm usually bringing the item in a dustbag already, I can't recall if I've ever just come with a bare bag. But if I happened to stray from my SA and visited another store for hot stamping, I wouldn't be comfortable with an associate telling me I couldn't have a new dust bag. I'd be super annoyed actually and probably tell him to pull up my account history and kiss my *** lol. Okay maybe that's extreme but damn, they can spare it. Did he/she know that you hadn't purchased it from LV? They're usually really accommodating to customers so maybe they were in a funk because it was used? Weird.

SoadyJones01

May 11, 2013
United Kingdom
I took a preloved item in for heat stamping and got it all wrapped and boxed again like a new item, but I had purchased something else at the same time so it was all done nicely and put into the bag together

zeronohiya

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
When I had my agenda hot stamped, I purchased a luggage tag, the monogram MM sunglass case, & a $300 gift card for my sister because she wants one as well.

I understand the benefits of establishing a relationship with an SA but regardless, my money is green & great customer service only makes me want to spend more. I've shopped there before but a different SA helped me. Often times I simply order over the phone from Nordstrom to get the points.

I may try again when I pick up my NF after it's been repaired.

zeronohiya

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Hmmm, no I haven't ever received new trimmings. That might be because I'm usually bringing the item in a dustbag already, I can't recall if I've ever just come with a bare bag. But if I happened to stray from my SA and visited another store for hot stamping, I wouldn't be comfortable with an associate telling me I couldn't have a new dust bag. I'd be super annoyed actually and probably tell him to pull up my account history and kiss my *** lol. Okay maybe that's extreme but damn, they can spare it. Did he/she know that you hadn't purchased it from LV? They're usually really accommodating to customers so maybe they were in a funk because it was used? Weird.

Not sure how far your account history goes or exactly what it contains but I guess she could have figured out that I didn't purchase it at a boutique when she rang up my sunglass case.

Bella214

Sep 21, 2017
In my case, they just handed over my bag as it is. No dust bag, box or box. :/ Sad. I bought the bag second hand and it didnt come with a dust bag either.

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
SoCal
The extra dust bag is usually dependent on if they have any extras on hand.
They'll usually keep a few of the small ones on hand, but the bigger ones may be just for whatever items they have on hand.

Boxes they should have extras on hand though.