Heat Stamping = Authentic?

Yes they are crooked, perhaps thats why the previous owner wanted to get rid of it? I dont mind them crooked as there are no colours on them plus they are my initials. I would be fuming if this was done to a full price wallet. As long as it is authentic I am a happy girl ��

I am not an authenticator, but I have this wallet in Terre that I purchased directly from Louis Vuitton and it looks exactly like this. Her other items look real to me too. Definitely still authenticate in the appropriate forum, but from someone who is pretty good at spotting fakes, this looks real to me! The heatstamp does not promise authenticity, but fakes are LESS likely to be heat stamped since that makes the item harder to sell. It's too bad it's crooked, but doesn't look too bad.

It looks genuine to me, but do ask the authenticators here when you receive it! :smile:

In general, I would not take hot stamping to be a guarantee of authenticity. It's less likely, I would say, that an item is fake if it's hot stamped, but counterfeiters could easily hot stamp initials too. Same goes for 'made in USA' items - probably not the counterfeiter's first choice, since people buying fakes want it to look like the real deal, and to those not in the know, LV = made in France, but again it's not impossible that a fake would be stamped 'made in USA'. Always have pre-loved purchases checked!

I have asked this EXACT question on the authentication thread in the past.
Here's what LEE said: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...-format-post-1-a-822901-137.html#post24935771

For those of you too lazy to clickity click click:

Originally Posted by bickyi
Lee/Addy, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I have a general question:
Is it safe to assume that hot-stamped = authentic?

Posted by Lee
No. I have seen fakes with them.

So unfortunately, there ARE fakes w/ hotstamps, so definitely have it checked out by an authenticator when you receive it. Hopefully, you'll dodge the bullet on this one. Good luck!

Just curious, I don't think my LV store does authentication but if I bring in a piece and ask them to heat stamp it, surely they'd have to check that it was genuine before they did it? Is that right lol

Just curious, I don't think my LV store does authentication but if I bring in a piece and ask them to heat stamp it, surely they'd have to check that it was genuine before they did it? Is that right lol
That's correct. To get around LV's no authentication policy, simply ask for a quote on a small repair, or ask to get your item hot stamped. If they accept your item for services, then you know you got the real deal.