Heartbroken! So black hardware

I<3bags_uk

Nov 13, 2018
hi all
I noticed a scratch on my so black mini rectangles hardware...it’s silver now in appearance.
Does anyone have any experience with having it fixed if that is even possible!
My heart feels sad! I don’t even know how I did it!

I had a chip on my so black reissue chain strap that exposed the metal underneath and I fixed it with black Essie nail polish. I found the closest match to the shade and carefully dabbed it. I sealed it with clear top coat to make it look shiny. However, if your bag has a large or more obvious scratch, I would probably bring it to the store to get it fixed. The chip on my hardware was very tiny to begin with so a simple fix was all it needed.

I had a chip on my so black reissue chain strap that exposed the metal underneath and I fixed it with black Essie nail polish. I found the closest match to the shade and carefully dabbed it. I sealed it with clear top coat to make it look shiny. However, if your bag has a large or more obvious scratch, I would probably bring it to the store to get it fixed. The chip on my hardware was very tiny to begin with so a simple fix was all it needed.
Thank you :smile:

Do the stores fix the hardware usually? If so then I can relax a bit more when using it

I might try the polish and then if that doesn’t work take it in to store.

I've had the silver coating chip on my jumbo's grommet many years ago and Neiman Marcus sent it to the spa for a fee. From experience, they fix the hardware by replacing it. Not sure if they re-coat the metal. I did have to wait about 6 wks to get my bag back.

I would suggest you take to the store without fixing it by yourself. In case they refuse to fix because you have done something on it. We never know. Better be safe than sorry. Unless like @Tinagirl11 you are sure that the small fixing will perfectly solve the problem. Good luck. Please share how it goes

Thank you for the advice!
I will try pop in I think like you said in case then later they say no to fixing it. I can live with the scratch for now so long as I know I can get it repaired when it’s worse to be honest.
Will let you know x

I have had issues with the hardware chipping and the silver beneath the black hardware exposed. My SA explained that Chanel considers this normal wear on the bag and it is not fixable. Maybe your SA has better news for you.

I don't think they can really fix it, ie cover it with Black again. They can replace it however. If that's the case you may want to wait until it shows more wear then send it for replacement. You'll be better able to assess what step you should take after you bring it in. Best of luck!

Hi so I popped to the store and they said they could send it off to be repaired/replaced 4-6weeks and approx £80. I didn’t send it off as I thought I would wait till it was a bit worse as when I did take it out to use I had to focus and tbh squint a bit to see the scratches. Thank you all for your advice and help.

Reactions: Raffaluv