Heart STILL yearns for bag that got away....

I have a few of those as well: the Mulberry Tiger Lily and Coach Cupcakes and Cashmere bag. Both I found out about way after their release.

If you're looking at the pre-loved market, I'd search large Coach hobo or something like that. I'm willing to bet most people selling it don't remember its name anymore.

Ahhhhhh my heart still yearns sooooo bad for the one bag that got away...10 years ago!
Is it bad that i made a comment to my husband that I want to reach out to Sandra Bullock's manager to try and buy her bag :smile:
Behold the Coach Delphine Hobo
I too am upset that I missed out on this beauty and have never stopped thinking about it. I did see one about 5 years ago in the Coach store in SoHo NY but it was in the crocodile and the price was upwards of $16,000- (They told me that it was being shipped to a coach museum somewhere) This bag is such a classic I can't believe that they never did a reissue. I guess we just keep dreaming.

Gucci Blondie Tom Ford era! Or was it a Britt?

Interesting you ask as the 2 names are closely linked and Gucci have had both in the last 10-ish years. The Blondie was a reissue of an 1970s bag (in the mid-00s) that Britt Ekland made famous in The Man With the Golden Gun (1974). She actually wore a couple of Gucci bags during the film. Probably her own bags (Ekland and her ex-husband Peter Sellers were HUGE customers of Gucci's) the 1970s bag became extremely popular around the time of the film. Around the same time as the Blondie came out in the 00s, Gucci did launch a line of bag they called the Britt (but I'm pretty sure you mean the Blondie).

Always wanted one of those Tom Ford Gucci bags with dragons on it and a Dior Detective bag.

Although the Blondie, Britt and Dragon bag were TF era as CD, Frida Giannini was head of bags (and then accessories) at the time and responsible for designing/modifying reissues.

I still see plenty of all 3 bags for sale on consignment but the Blondie and the Dragon are still bringing in good money so still not cheap. Hope you get your wishes.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh my heart still yearns sooooo bad for the one bag that got away...10 years ago!
Is it bad that i made a comment to my husband that I want to reach out to Sandra Bullock's manager to try and buy her bag :smile:
Behold the Coach Delphine Hobo

Don't give up the search, I'm sure that bag will be yours one day

I too am upset that I missed out on this beauty and have never stopped thinking about it. I did see one about 5 years ago in the Coach store in SoHo NY but it was in the crocodile and the price was upwards of $16,000- (They told me that it was being shipped to a coach museum somewhere) This bag is such a classic I can't believe that they never did a reissue. I guess we just keep dreaming.

Glad i am not the only one...funny story...i bought a Coach Kristin back in late 08 and added a long handle. Its just like it but i still want the Delphine! LOL
Um 16,000 is a bit much.
I need to call Coach and see if theres a way to locate one. They DO need to reissue it. I am sure its coming. ....fingers crossed!