Healthy Cookbooks

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi there!

What are some good cookbooks that specifically focus on fresh ingredients, whole foods but that are still delicious and healthy? I'd prefer cookbooks that emphasize using extra virgin olive oil as opposed to butter and that stay away from processed foods.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks!

2. The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life by Ellie Krieger

3. Healthy Homestyle Cooking.:tup:

4. cooking light has a big cookbook thats great

5. i second this book. i love ellie krieger!

6. Heidi Swanson has a cooking blog-101cookbooks.com, but also has a book out. Her books is called Supernatural Cooking, I think. She does mostly veggie recipes and all whole grains.

7. Ahh thanks for the suggestions ladies! I'll look into all of those!

What about Jamie Oliver's cookbooks? I like how he advocates for fresh, natural ingredients (hence the naked chef), but does anyone have any experience with his books?

8. She's super sweet in person too!!

9. I have one of Jamie's books "Happy Days with the Naked Chef and really like it. He uses fresh ingredients and most recipes are quite easy.

10. I really like Martha Rose Schulman's cookbooks. She has one about the Mediterranean diet that I really want to try. The Medi diet is supposed to be amazing for you!