Health Scares, Family Love, Answered Prayers and REVEALS!

Camaro Chic

LVoe Hermes!
Dec 6, 2011
Sorry in advance for the length but cancer, emergency eye surgeries and the like are never simple. It's been the worst start to a year imaginable for me and my family. My parents and I are very close-- our extended family is a mess and we no longer spend time with them, so it's basically been us against the world for many years. Well, my mum called me to inform me that she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago-- and of course, I immediately fell to pieces and booked a flight to be join her and dad for her first oncologist appointment.

Upon arriving, i noticed a shadow had begun to lower across my vision in my right eye like a curtain. I had been having white flashes across that eye for some time but had disregarded it hoping it would go away. A friend told me that I needed to see an eye doctor immediately. It turned out that my retina was detaching due to extreme nearsightedness and was over 60% detached-- I needed emergency surgery to the tune of $15K. Wonderful.

After my mum had her biopsy I went in and had it done, so I was stranded 1500 miles from home for weeks, unable to fly home and in the worst pain I've ever experienced. It's been a nightmare and I was just now cleared to fly home to Florida. Recovery is slow and has been very painful.

Thursday, Mum and I received a stunning assortment of all of our favourite flowers from our thoughtful, amazing SA and the store manager, and then we got the news that though it has doubled in size in a matter of weeks, mum's tumour has not metastasized and she will be able to have a lumpectomy and take meds with minimal radiation-- the best news we could have gotten. So thankful for answered prayers.

View attachment 3596678

Reactions: gemidevi
My Mum had taken such amazing care of me post surgery but she knew how miserable I was being confined to their house and bed, unable to leave and in pain every day for two weeks.

On Friday we received a box from my boutique that she told me contained some perfume samples and a box for her new fur shawl. Instead, it contained a bag I've been desperately coveting but is extremely rare and though my boutique had one, I've had so many financial issues it just wasn't in the budget right now. I wanted it so badly I was trying to sell my beloved turquoise SC for it!

Then, when a couple of items sold online, I managed to score two steals. So here are my new loves. The City Steamer in Framboise, Coral Antheia Hobo I found for $900 like new, and MC Noir Alma scored for $400 on eBay... plus a bottle of the incredible Apogée perfume from the new fragrance collection! :yahoo: :cloud9:

As always thank you for letting me share. Though it's been a hellish January, we are on the mend and most importantly, we have each other. :love: I wouldn't trade my family for the world or all the LV in France.

FB_IMG_1486379719717.jpeg
20170202_104120.jpeg
20170202_140928.jpeg
20170202_104129.jpeg
20170205_214421.jpeg20170205_050217.jpeg20170110_161431.jpeg20170110_175558.jpeg

The Steamer is so stunning she needed her own post :shame: it's probably the most beautiful bag I've ever seen IMO and so classy! Even the inside calf leather lining feels like butter. Just amazing.

Here are a few pics of the Antheia, Alma and Apogée (I love the apothecary bottle and magnetic lid!) :love: As soon as she's recovered from her procedure I'm taking Mum on holiday and to the boutique so we will share her goodies then!

received_10158147702985263.jpegIMG_32321.jpeg%24_3-7.jpeg%24_3-6.jpeg%24_3-9.jpeg%24_3-16.jpeg%24_3-8.jpeg20170110_223224.jpeg20170110_223150.jpeg

I'm so very sorry for all of the health issues and scares with your family already this year :sad: But it sounds like things are moving in the right direction and looking up which is so wonderful to hear.
The flowers are gorgeous and your bags are too. I love the support you and your mom have for each other! :heart:

Congratulations on your new goodies! They're gorgeous! I'm sending a lot of good vibes and truly hope you and your mom recover completely in no time. The love you two share is just beautiful.

Reactions: jancedtif
Thank you ladies [emoji178]

I hadn't seen the Antheia before as it debuted during my two year LV ban. Does anyone have one? What can you tell me about its functionality? I just couldn't pass up such a rare colour and such an unusual bag especially when I found out retail is $4250!

Sorry in advance for the length but cancer, emergency eye surgeries and the like are never simple. It's been the worst start to a year imaginable for me and my family. My parents and I are very close-- our extended family is a mess and we no longer spend time with them, so it's basically been us against the world for many years. Well, my mum called me to inform me that she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago-- and of course, I immediately fell to pieces and booked a flight to be join her and dad for her first oncologist appointment.

Upon arriving, i noticed a shadow had begun to lower across my vision in my right eye like a curtain. I had been having white flashes across that eye for some time but had disregarded it hoping it would go away. A friend told me that I needed to see an eye doctor immediately. It turned out that my retina was detaching due to extreme nearsightedness and was over 60% detached-- I needed emergency surgery to the tune of $15K. Wonderful.

After my mum had her biopsy I went in and had it done, so I was stranded 1500 miles from home for weeks, unable to fly home and in the worst pain I've ever experienced. It's been a nightmare and I was just now cleared to fly home to Florida. Recovery is slow and has been very painful.

Thursday, Mum and I received a stunning assortment of all of our favourite flowers from our thoughtful, amazing SA and the store manager, and then we got the news that though it has doubled in size in a matter of weeks, mum's tumour has not metastasized and she will be able to have a lumpectomy and take meds with minimal radiation-- the best news we could have gotten. So thankful for answered prayers.

View attachment 3596678

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear about all these issues, but happy to know things are looking better!

I know how frustrating eye issues can be - my nearsightedness and astigmatism have caused horrible floaters and I am just waiting for the day my retina detaches! Knowing that you're getting through it, albeit painfully and slowly, is powerful!

Thank you for sharing your story and you and your family will be in my prayers! :smile:

Wow! What a story!! I think I remember reading awhile back how your parents surprised you with the shawl that was stolen. You have such a close family. It's wonderful that you were able to be there for your mom and also have their support through your surgery! I'm glad to read that things are looking up!

How nice of your SA to send you wonderful goodies! And you scored some beautiful bags. Wear them all in good health!!

Reactions: Sonmi999
I'm so terribly sorry to hear you've had such an awful time of late.

I was wondering where you had disappeared to, as I'm so used to seeing Princess Di.

How awful for you and your poor mum, although frustrating to be so far from home, at least you were together during such a time and I'm sure she took amazing care of you.

Thanks for sharing with us and congrats on your gorgeous purchases, I hope you enjoy them all.

Wishing you both good health.