Heal of New Lanvin Ballet flat Digging into Skin?

pongpongchik

Aug 12, 2009
I just got my new Lanvins from NM and it is in a size 37. I already sized up 1/2 size. But, I find that everything is a perfect fit, except for the back of the shoe and the elastic just in that area is digging in to my heel! Is this normal for a Lanvin ballet flat? Would sizing up another 1/2 size help?

I love the shoe (the color and comfort and fit), except for the very end of the elastic strip in the heel area, which runs for about 1". Anyone have this problem with new Lanvins? What do you do?

Some have punctured the elastic part of the heel to make it looser whereas I wasn't gutsy enough to do that so I just added a heel grip. Sizing up another 1/2 size may help too.

I have a pair of flats from a different designer with the same back, and I had the same problem. I put heel grips on them, from Foot Petals, and they're much more comfortable.

I tend to have that problem with flats a lot too - I thought Lanvin flats would complete my search but the back dug into my feet too :sad: (oh well, at least it saved me from spending $250-500 :shrugs:)

Sizing up can help, but then you have that awkward space lower down between the back of the shoe and your heel. I stretch out all my Lanvin flats to weaken the elastic. I also read about using a needle to puncture the elastic, but I haven't tried that yet.