Heading to NYC...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone :smile:

I'm heading to NYC this week and am curious about which LV store you think has a better selection of inventory.
    I'll be staying in lower Manhattan and have a relatively limited time frame to shop. I am intending on purchasing a mini pochette and the SOHO location will be closest to me, but would really like to make one stop and not have to trek around the city to find what I am looking for. Would you recommend 5th Ave instead?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for places to eat that are relatively affordable, please share.

Thanks in advance!

2. I have heard good things on here about the LV in SoHo. I imagine the ones in Midtown Manhattan would be much busier, I was there last summer on a Saturday. If you are staying in lower Manhattan, it's always fun to eat in Little Italy, the prices aren't bad for lunch.

3. Hey! NYC resident here! I actually never been to the Soho store. I tend to go to the LV inside Macy's Herald Square the most, but it is very busy! I like that one because I'm usually shopping for multiple things, shoes, bags, and I LOVE the Sephora across the street. There are also many places to eat in the vicinity. But like I said, it's a very busy area and can be overwhelming if you're not used to it.

4. Good point about the Macy's, it's amazing to visit (especially if you have never been)!

5. I LOVE the Soho store, I've always gotten better service than the 5th Ave store which is always busy (same as the LV in Macy's).

Have fun in NYC!!!

6. Call 188 and they can check the availability in stores ! If u have already known what u would looking for! Then go to he store with it in stock:smile:

7. I recently had a great experience at the LV inside Saks. I went to the 5th Ave store and wasn't impressed with the service and like others have said it was very busy!! I did call the 800 # ahead of time to make sure the boutiques had the bag I was looking for in stock. Have fun on your trip!

8. Part of why I am thinking SoHo is because I figure midtown would be busier, and I'm not sure I want to deal with that. Saturday would be the day for me to purchase, so those 2 things combined make me want to avoid midtown! Definitely have plans to eat in Little Italy!

Thanks for the advice!

10. Hi Manchoo78,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will most likely end up shopping SoHo. I've never been (first time in NYC), but I would like to shop a store where my chances are pretty good of getting what I want. Living where I do, my closest stand alone store often doesn't have what I am looking for in stock, and I'd love a Louis to remind me of my first time in NYC.

Any recommendations for the best pizza in town?

11. I have heard that most people agree they have received better service at the SoHo store. Thanks :biggrin:

12. Thanks for the tip aimeng! I have been so busy with work (lame excuse, but so true!) leading up to this trip I haven't really had time to call. I may try once I make it to my hotel.

13. Soho has a lot of the same stock. Just call to confirm :smile:

14. Thanks galex101404! I've been researching and many agree that the service on 5th Ave can be lackluster. I think I may have to call around once I make it into town. Do you think the chances of most stores having mini pochettes in stock are good?

15. Thanks pinky7129!