Heading to London and Paris what bags should I bring? Birkin 35 or Kelly 32 or both?

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
Hello everyone, I am headed off to visit friends and family...in the UK and France... should I bring my VN Birkin 35cm and my Black box calf Kelly 32cm ? Just one? or both? What are your thoughts? I was thinking that the kelly is perhaps more correct in France..esp going into FSH...but perhaps I am wrong... Is the Birkin going to be too much bag for daily use? It is my work horse..but it is still casual..in VN....I can see it would be good for the flight over and back... And the Kelly may do for evening as well..but maybe it is too large for evening? I could just use my Kelly wallet as a clutch...So pipe in and tell me what you think...
I was thinking of Carrying my Birkin through the check in inside an over sized canvas bag to keep her from getting beat up.. and the kelly (if I take her) in my carry on bag...

Also, if I want to buy an H shawl or scarf is it still less expensive to buy it in the states?

It's has been several years since I have been over there so maybe you all can give me some advice. Thank you.:smile:

Thank you Luciana12 and Vivek and everyone :o) hey BTW Vivek, I'll be in Birmingham for quite a bit of time.. would you like to meet up at some point ? Cheers!

Oh and about the expense thing, our beautiful economy is no longer blossoming, about a month ago 1GBP = 2.02USD now it's about 1.78USD, so it will be slightly cheaper for you, maybe?

Just take your Birkin as you have the Kelly wallet to use as an evening bag.

With your tax refund H will be cheaper in the UK than the US especially as the dollar has gained some strength against the pound. Not sure how it is against the euro

Docride, do you have a KP or some other clutch? I am a very sparse packer, but I will always have some sort of smaller bag for dinners (ie. KL or KP) If you take the VN birkin, pack away a smaller clutch or some sort, doesn't have to be H (oh blashphemy!). Packing a kelly in luggage is horrible. It takes up too much room and what if the unthinkable happens? I would take either a kelly or birkin, not both. If you choose a kelly, perhaps one that is not box would be better since it is travelling through security, hanging out under people's chairs, etc. Also, is this trip more casual or dressy? Unless I am going to a beach holiday, I tend to dress better since I am seeing people I haven't seen in a while, etc. Have a nice trip!