Headbands/Slipping

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ok, probably silly ....but does anyone else have the problem of headbands not staying on their head....like scarfs ones, or even ones that have the little rubber underside to avoid slippage? I think I have a small head, but geez I can't get these to stay in place for the life of me! I am tempted to put double sided fashion tape on my head! Ideas/thoughts??

2. I can't help, because I have the same problem. I'd like to know too!!

3. I do to.. I bought those tiny hair clips and tried clipping the bottom of the headband on both sides of my head, it worked for most of the day but I had to reposition them a couple of times. I also just bought those non slip ones (they have them in Target now) and they work very well:tup:

4. If you put the headband closer to your forehead, it wont slip as easy.

I dont have an issue with regular headbands, but I do with the ponytail type fabric ones, I just put it really close to my forehead, and tie it as tight as I can get it, and it stays put.

5. I have fairly good luck with the fabric ones with the rubbery stuff on one side. But I practically glue it on to my head with hairspray. They do stay, though.

6. I have that problem with Hermes scarves and other silk scarves. They always slip to the back of my head and I find myself re-knotting them throughout the day. I don't want to clip them in case the silk gets stained by the metal clip so I don't really have any solution other than re-tying it frequently.

7. I have the same problem! I have tried every type of head band and scarf. Nothing will stay put. I gave up a long time ago.

8. Thanks ladies - it looks like a bunch of us are in the same boat! I don't want to ruin my nice silk coach and LV scarves by snagging them, and the ones that are suppose to stay put fly off my head like a boomer rang....so I see a product development idea........ I will ponder on this!:yes:

9. me too. . . DH loves them on me but they shoot right off the back of my head after a while :sad:

10. I have this problem too. I think it depends on the shape of your head. Mine's pretty flat at the back of my neck.

11. I use bobby pins! Alternatively, find a stiffer headband that does stay securely on your head and wear that under the scarf. You can bobby-pin the scarf to the headband, or make a unique look by wrapping it around the headband and leaving the ends free.

12. Laurie - that is genius! I have some tight head bands that I will tie the scarf around, I think thight might just do the trick. I have tried the bobby pins and unfortunately that didn't. THANKS!:okay:

13. I've found that if I tease my hair slightly right behind where I want my headband to sit that it helps a lot. And then I just take a couple of bobby pins and cross them in an X underneath my hair. If I do both of these things together that I can keep my headbands in place all day.

The other thing, is that I don't use just regular bobby pins, instead I use some that are made for dancers. They are by a company called Bunhead, and they are made to keep hair up and in place. They are a little more expensive, but they are definitely worth it in my opinion.

14. I have this problem too, and my hair is curly so everytime it slips my hair gets fuzzier and fuzzier. :/ I try to do the bobby pin thing and it works ok, but still slips.

15. I have this problem too. I'll put the headband/scarf in my hair and place one bobby pin on each side, just above my ears. That will last all day and I usually never have to re-tie my scarf.

You can also try putting a little bit of hairspray or gel right in the area where the headband will cover. That helps it stick sometimes.