He wants to buy me LV but...

^I agree with the others too. Maybe he still has a little bit of a bad experience from the other person. Your relationship is different from his prior. But, it sounds like he really loves you and feel you deserve LV which is why he's offering. Give him the chance to show you how much he cares. Again, he is offering and not like you demand it. That is a gesture of his sincerity.

:yes: . Don't compare past experiences with your current relationship. If he offers then it's because he wants to do those things for you. Don't deny him the pleasure of making you happy.

Maybe you can tell him that he is welcome to buy you LV's but for special occasions like your birthday, Christmas, Valentine's...etc etc. That way he's not just buying LV for you randomly, since you want to be able to buy nice things for yourself.

Although I do think you should let him get you something on your trip to Vegas. Let that time be the first time he buys you a LV. It will be a special peice, but let him know that if he wants to buy more LV for you that they would make great birthday / Christmas / valentines presents!!

Coming from a guy-allow him the opportunity to treat you the way he feels you deserve to be treated. It is nothing worse than being neutered (again coming from a man that buys all his wife's handbags) by the word "no" when you want to do something.

It is rare to find a man who is caring and generous enought to buy LV.

Lastly, I want to echo another sentiment, never compare one relationship to another. It could lead to quick and irreversible problems.

Enjoy the bag:yahoo:

I totally understand where you are coming from. But if he offers you should accept and not think about his ex. Your relationship is completely different than theirs.

My bf's ex gf bought him an iPod many years ago and even got it engraved "to buddy love baby" - their nicknames I guess. He despises her now, but contined to use the ipod b/c it worked well and it was the only one he had. I recently purchased him a new one for xmas without the stupid engraving(which he wanted b/c his old one was not working well) but I was worried at first b/c I did not want to repeat what the ex-gf did. I soon got over that..guys like electronics and its what he really wanted and I know he does not think of her with it.

Good luck, I know its hard and if it bothers you, maybe talk to him about it. But not at the LV store b/c u dont want your experience to be ruined by talking about her.

The issue is probably not just buying you LV, you probably just hate having him do something for you that he used to do for his ex, which is only natural. Enjoy yourselves in Vegas, and when you do go to LV, and you find something you like, be prepared to pay for it yourself, if he offers, see how you feel about accepting it, you might not know how you feel till he actually does it. You have to do what's comfortable for you.