He said yes, I said no...H in Madrid

Wow! So much to catch up on... Just returned from Europe... A few H notes...

First kelly sighting...gold 32 GH at my new favorite Mexican restaurant in Madrid...

Last birkin sighting...dark forest greeen GH at the LAX baggage claim...

Many in between and a few fakes as well...DH learned much about H in our visits to Hermes in Madrid...then Bond Street, Sloane Street, and Harrods in London...

Was very tempted in Madrid...learned that the 35 kelly is the perfect size for me...but the fushia/rose shocking color was not...but the chevre was sooo nice...

Madrid also had the new travel kelly in stock (believe it was etoupe) as well as the lindy...not tempted...

Was tempted by the kelly clutch in Madrid...but only bag available was the orange suede...not sure about suede...

Then...asked about ostrich...SA gives me a smile and indicates I should wait for a moment...

First ostrich...orange 25 birkin...so cute...but so small...

Then the big unveiling...gold ostrich 35 birkin with GH...OMG! DH loves ostrich and gets "the look" on his face...I try it on...it is amazing...DH indicates it is a definite...SA is very complimentary...I decide I cannot pass it up...

I get to the register...I am filling out VAT forms...I think to myself, "Do I really want this bag?"...I ask the SA to wait...she looks at me like I am crazy, DH looks at me like I am crazy...I indicate the sale will go on...

I now have the VAT form filled out and am ready to hand over the AMEX...I ask DH if he is sure...he says of course...I say to the manager, "OMG...I am not certain...I need to think about this for a bit"... She says I should give myself a few moments to decide...walk a bit...have a glass of wine, etc...

I walk out of the store, DH thinks I am crazy...

U rejected Gold ostrich with gh :wtf: :drool:

You are officially the chairman of H-anony :yahoo:

Welcome back SoCal,
hope you enjoyed Madrid and London.
i am sorry that you didnt find anything but i would do/did the same thing.
i got offered a croc birkin 35 in BJ in Madrid even i was desperate i couldnt say yes...just didnt feel right.My DH thought i am sick because normally i never say no to H:smile:
Anyway,your dreambag is waiting for you and when the time is right it will just pop out and you will feel an increadible joy to buy it!!!!!!!!

I have done what you did a couple of times - you get offered a birkin which is not exactly the color and/or leather you prefer. However, you start thinking about the long waiting list, how difficult it is to get a birkin, and that if you pass this one up, you may never get the one you want eventually.

Let's face it, these are expensive bags... and it's come to a point where I would not blow my hard earned money on a "bag that I wouldnt mind adding to my collection". I would only spend it on " I MUST HAVE THAT" bag

Mucho impressed with your extraordinary willpower SoCal - you definitely did the right thing. Even a tiny bit of hesitation should be a huge red flag on any H purchase. In my experience, this will usually get you one step closer to getting your next dream bag since you've now ruled out what you DON'T want..........