he recognized my Louboutins

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
This isn't the most exciting story, but it made me excited nevertheless.

I recently had sushi with a guy (not a date ... but he later asked me out!) and although I date guys who are in general well-dressed and know a little about fashion (in that they know about the big design houses: Gucci, Prada, Hermes, etc.) the guy complimented me on my shoes, and correctly identified them as Louboutins!

I think maybe I was surprised because (with maybe one exception) no guy has ever recognized anything that I was wearing (shoes, clothing, handbags).

(The one exception actually happened a couple weeks ago in Paris when my ex mentioned something like "you always wear Louboutins. Every girl wears Louboutins now. They are so popular." I found that remark strange because when I dated him he claimed he's heard of Louboutins before but they were not popular in Paris. But I guess he is right, I did wear mostly Louboutins around him, I thought it was strange he remembered that and linked me to them. I guess I never realized he was paying attention. He always seemed more concerned with his own clothes and his own shopping sprees.)

Yes, a bit random, but I thought I would share! For some reason it makes me giddy having a (straight) guy correctly identify my shoes by name!

Heck, I haven't yet seen anyone (female or male) who's recognized my shoes as Louboutins. I've gotten compliments from people (most recently at the dentist's office in my black suede Simples), and they say "Oh, a red sole! How cute!" but they never recognize them as Louboutins. Living in Kansas City, I guess that's to be expected... heh.

That's a cute story! :smile: I have to say though, the only people I've come into contact with who know I'm wearing CLs are a. my good friend b. my mother or c. various sales associates in NM/Saks, etc... hmm, and one SA in LV (was buying a bangle a while back) said she adored my CLs... and literally kept on talking about them haha. :P They are attention grabbers for sure, but I've rarely if ever been around people who know the brand. :smile: I think I'd keel over a die if a straight men complimented me on my CLs haha! :nuts:

That's a great story! DH now knows Louboutins and even knows some of them by name! We had dinner a few nights ago and one of our friends complimented me on my shoes. DH said, "yeah, she loves her Scissors Girl." LOL. He didn't get the name right, but it was pretty close.:love:

haha my friends and i often joke that my FH would make a fabulous female! he's opened a cocktail bar and will come home and report that he's made a CL sighting. now that he's been informed there are many fakes around, he's said that he is going to check if they are real or not :s how he is planning to do this, i'm a bit afraid to find out!!

That's a great story! DH now knows Louboutins and even knows some of them by name! We had dinner a few nights ago and one of our friends complimented me on my shoes. DH said, "yeah, she loves her Scissors Girl." LOL. He didn't get the name right, but it was pretty close.:love:

aww, that's so cute!! :P

I think there is a new generation of girlfriends/wives training these boys right! ;) Not that it would happen, but if my DH ever dated/remarried, his girl would be quite impressed of his Louboutin knowledge. hehe

I love it!!

When I first started dating my boyfriend he didn't know x from y. Now if he sees a woman wearing Louboutins, he will point it out haha. He's also learned how to tell the difference between fakes and authentic designer items. He's particularily good at LV and Louboutin... I've taught him well lol.

Love it! My (straight) male professor at school noticed my Loubs when I wore them for a presentation. But then again I did go to school for fashion merchandising and he is a designer, but it's still nice when guys notice.

Heck, I haven't yet seen anyone (female or male) who's recognized my shoes as Louboutins. I've gotten compliments from people (most recently at the dentist's office in my black suede Simples), and they say "Oh, a red sole! How cute!" but they never recognize them as Louboutins. Living in Kansas City, I guess that's to be expected... heh.

Same thing in WY. I've had women say "Ooooh let me see your shoes" but no one knows what they are. Once I say the name and mention Sex and the City they usually get it but they are not recognized on sight by women, let alone men!

no one here knows about CLs, or at least among my friends, except for my sis. i've had LOTS of comments, though, like 'how in the world do you walk in those heels?' i always say that it's my way to look thinner! a little more height always helps, doesn't it?? ;)

lol the only person who's ever recognized my Louboutins was this salesman at Browns. I was browsing their shoes (and wearing my CLs) and he's like "are those Christian Louboutins?" :nuts: I'm like, "yes, and I have another pair here *holds up my shopping bag from HR*" lol He's then went something like this :faint: