HBO's The Young Pope

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
the boonies of illinois
I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I read negative reviews for it but wanted to decide for myself and liked it, so far.

Being raised Catholic is maybe what is making this interesting for me. Never been a Jude Law fan but he works in this role, not that there would ever be a Pope as young as he is, or as nice looking (cute butt :P ).

deltalady

Oct 25, 2011
TX
I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I read negative reviews for it but wanted to decide for myself and liked it, so far.

Being raised Catholic is maybe what is making this interesting for me. Never been a Jude Law fan but he works in this role, not that there would ever be a Pope as young as he is, or as nice looking (cute butt :P ).
I think he's really great in this role. I'm interested to see what the pope's M.O. is. He definitely is not liked by many early on.

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Watching it with DH. Kind of weird. We will see where it goes. We saw Youth by the same writer and he always has a message to get across.

deltalady

Oct 25, 2011
TX
I wasn't aware until yesterday that it airs new episodes Sunday and Monday. Yesterday's episode was pretty good.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I struggled to watch the first episode. I was excited about it, but sadly don't think I will be tuning in

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Toronto
I'm watching, if only for the costumes and the money HBO sent on the set design. Also, it's getting a bit better, I think.

HRM

O.G.
Jun 15, 2011
I just finished watching it last week and want to see again. Sorrentino did a good job, as well as the designers.

mcqueenlife

Jun 16, 2017
I watched the first 3 episodes a while ago. The cinematography was great, the show is visually stunning but i was expecting more out of the show. I'm a fan of the directors previous work, a film called the great beauty. The plot didn't really feel like it was going anywhere in the first 3 episodes, is the rest of the season worth a watch?